Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a writer who recently signed a contract with W.W. Norton to edit an anthology of Hint Fiction (I'm planning to open submissions to the public in August and have already solicited stories from Joyce Carol Oates, Stephen Dunn, James Frey, and Peter Straub).

My sf action novella The Silver Ring is now available via Kindle and I would love your feedback. While it would be terrific to move some units, I'm more interested in your opinion: Is the cover art appealing enough? Are the product description and advance praise interesting enough? What do you think of the price set -- too high, too low, just right?

You can find the novella listed here.

Enjoy, and I thank you for your time.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I checked out The Silver Ring and I have to say it's one of the most promising samples I've read in a while. As soon as the sample ended, I immediately one-clicked because I wanted to find out what happened next.

To answer your other questions:

1. The price is great. Can't argue with 95 cents.

2. I like the cover a lot. Very interesting and mysterious. Nice use of colors. It just plain looks good.

3. The description is perfect. It's what got me to try the sample in the first place.

Edit: About the price, you asked if it was too low. Speaking from the perspective of a customer, there's no such thing. However, in terms of economics and profitability, I'm not really the one to ask. Other authors here would be able to better guide you.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
I picked up this book.It looks like it will be a good read.I will review it when I finish it :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CS -- Thanks for the kind words regarding the sample, for answering the questions, and for the one-click. Regarding price, my question is directed more to you as a consumer: for a novella on Kindle, is 95 cents a reasonable price (which you answered, of course)? I'm sure $2.00 or more would be too much ... just trying to find the best price that won't scare potential readers away. ;)

Sugar and Anne -- Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
R. Swartwood said:
CS -- Thanks for the kind words regarding the sample, for answering the questions, and for the one-click. Regarding price, my question is directed more to you as a consumer: for a novella on Kindle, is 95 cents a reasonable price (which you answered, of course)? I'm sure $2.00 or more would be too much ... just trying to find the best price that won't scare potential readers away. ;)

Sugar and Anne -- Thanks! Hope you enjoy it.
For some reason, I actually thought it was two bucks while I was reading the sample (I must've gotten it confused with something else). When I saw that it was actually 95 cents, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The price point made the decision to purchase a no-brainer, whereas at two bucks, I might've had to think about it a little more.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CS said:
For some reason, I actually thought it was two bucks while I was reading the sample (I must've gotten it confused with something else). When I saw that it was actually 95 cents, I was VERY pleasantly surprised. The price point made the decision to purchase a no-brainer, whereas at two bucks, I might've had to think about it a little more.
That does make sense. Thanks again, and hope you like it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As Joe Schreiber's latest Star Wars novel just hit the New York Times bestseller list this week (Red Harvest, check it out: http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Harvest-Joe-Schreiber/dp/0345511174), I thought I should share what he said about my novella The Silver Ring:

"Robert Swartwood's The Silver Ring is a full-tilt no-holds-barred bobsled of a ride, absolutely engaging and a hundred percent fun. If this one doesn't grab you, it's time to up your Ritalin."

Only 99 cents, and contains a bonus short story: http://www.amazon.com/The-Silver-Ring-ebook/dp/B002ACPR72/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Not sure why, but Amazon has just made my novella The Silver Ring available for free on Kindle. Here's what it's about:

David Beveridge is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

When a gunman storms into a convenience store demanding money, he ends up shooting both the counterwoman and David. Only David doesn't die. Neither does the counterwoman. David is able to bring her back to life with the help of a mysterious silver ring he found earlier that night - a ring that the darkest evil in the universe wants for its very own.

The Silver Ring is an 18,000-word novella that contains a special afterword and a bonus short story.

Praise for The Silver Ring:

"Robert Swartwood's The Silver Ring is a full-tilt no-holds-barred bobsled of a ride, absolutely engaging and a hundred percent fun. If this one doesn't grab you, it's time to up your Ritalin."

- Joe Schreiber, author of Chasing the Dead and No Doors, No Windows
I know for a fact it's available for free in the US Kindle store but not 100% sure about the other ones, but here are the links:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002ACPR72

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002ACPR72

http://www.amazon.de/dp/B002ACPR72

Enjoy!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts