Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting or just got a NEW Kindle:

Just some advice.
Test it out fully before applying any type of skin. TAKE IT OUT IN THE SUN. Try downloading, try searching, and anything else you can think of...before putting the skin on. This way you won't have wasted a good skin should it need to go back for a replacement.
I WOULD: Use it for a full two weeks before applying any type of skin. Still well within the 30 day return guidelines and sufficient time to see if any problems crop up.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes yes.

I wish I'd thought about this a week ago. I was so anxious to get Bob skinned that it never occurred to me that there could be a problem. Problems happen to other people, not me. WRONG!

I learned my lesson the hard way.

I also went and got insurance on him today. If I had the fading problem, I just may regret not having the insurance down the road.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That's really good advice, and I'll have to remember that. If there are any problems, not having a skin on will make returning it that much easier, and you won't potentially lose money on a wrecked skin.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
lol.  Glad you are on board.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Geoffrey said:
took me awhile to figure out what you were talking about ... I thought the title referred to a stylized New York skin.
Haha, same here.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went back and fixed the NY...I guess my "skinny" skin idea didn't idea didn't work so well;speaking of NEW YORK: I am so excited...
My sister in law won a drawing (contest on the radio) for a 2 night stay in NY with transportation, hotel, AND tickets to the David Cook concert: WHO did she ask to go with her?...ME!!! Yay. It's in August, I can't wait. I'll put my brother on watch Mom and Dad duty...and I'm outta here. I'm so psyched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts