Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! (and our lovely moderators, Ann and Betsy),

This is the Book Bazaar post for the historical/biographical novel Lucretia about Lucretia Borgia of the infamous Borgia family.

Lucretia has received some initial reader reviews and thankfully, people are enjoying the read. I hope you enjoy it as well. :)

If you have any questions about Lucretia, the historical research that went into the novel or something related, please feel free to message me or reply on this thread.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

David

·
Super Moderator
67,453 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, and congratulations on the book! :)

This is just a friendly reminder that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference, so post this note in every thread. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts outside the Book Bazaar constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the note, Ann.

UPDATE: After some debate, I have decided to also publish the Stage Play of 'Lucretia', which is also titled 'An Historie of The Roman Borgias and Their Daughter Lucretia'. The play isn't as historically researched as the novel as the focus at the time was on the language and written staging of a Shakespearean style play, which was written in Elizabethan verse. The play is also a very early work, but it might be of interest to some so I figured I'd put it out there.

Also, since the play is more of a companion to the novel, I figured I'd just update it here, rather than starting a whole new thread for it.

I hope you enjoy 'Lucretia' the novel, the play or both.

Thanks for reading!
D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
An awesome review of 'Lucretia' the novel, from a reader on Goodreads:

Margaret's review, 5 Stars
Read from November 18 to 20, 2012.

"I went into this novel with some trepidation, half expecting the usual evil, murdering whore characterization. I was delighted to find that this was not what was been offered.
David Krae does not make the mistake that many historical novelists do. That is to impose the morals of today onto times past. Alexander VI, Lucretia, Cesare Borgia and all the other characters, stand or fall by their own actions and the morals of their times, not ours. This makes "Lucretia" a real gem to read and gives a level of honesty and integrity to the characters. Move over Phillipa Gregory and Alison Weir...David Krae is here."

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/456798086

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In honor of Lucretia Borgia's birthday this month (b. April 18, 1480) Lucretia, the novel is on special promo sale until the 18th!

Marked down to $1.99 (Reg. $4.99)

Cheers! :)

Updated cover artwork as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only five more days until the 18th! Get your copy of Lucretia today!

Goodreads rating: 4.7/5

Description:
Lucretia Borgia, the daughter of Pope Alexander VI and sister of the infamous Duke Valentino, Cesare Borgia, is immersed in the ultimate patriarchy of early Renaissance Rome and the Vatican. Lucretia struggles to find her independence from her family's corruption and ruthless political schemes in this epic tale of betrayal, murder, decadence as the tides of political expedience take an innocent girl and make a cruel test of her virtue.

Based on true historical events, Lucretia is an historical novel set in Rome during one of its most corrupt and decadent periods.

(Lucrezia/Lucretia Borgia - b. April 18,1480 - d. June 24, 1519)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts