Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've watched the Tonight show most nights...since a kid in highschool. (Many moons ago) I will miss Leno; I thought he was great. I will also miss the Tonight show; as I will not watch it with Conan O'B. as the host...I never got his stupid humor. I do not find him funny, nor talented in any way (just my opinion). I guess all good things must come to an end.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Is that tonight?  I wasn't expecting it so soon.  I agree with you:  Conan O'Brien is definitely a niche taste, and not a wide-ranging one.  He had one bit where they would show the "closed captioning" (it wasn't) that was really really funny, but it didn't play nearly enough.  I don't even know if he still does it anymore.  I don't see this experimenting being successful or lasting that long.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
I grew up on Carson, but was happy with Jay as his replacement.  Sad to say I will not be watching Conan.  I've never gotten his humor or liked him.  Guess I'll start getting more sleep. :)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
You can always watch Colbert, if you get Comedy Central.  I really don't know what's funnier:  his completely dense, way over the top character, or the fact that people actually come on his show expecting the "Stephen Colbert" character to play fair.  Some of the guests, it's just priceless to watch their expressions when they realize just how horribly wrong an interview can go.  But if you're awake anyway....

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Just more evidence that I spend way too much time on the computer or reading my Kindle... this is new news for me!!  :eek:

G

·
Jay hasn't left yet but I agree.  When he does ho, I'll not watch Conan.  I really do not like him at all.  I'll be heading to Comedy Central for Jon Stewart and the Colbert Report.

Google says Jay doesn't leave until May 29 but Conan is already tearing down his set...literally.

Jay is leaving "Tonight" he is getting a new time slot and will still be on NBC.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I don't often watch Leno but I prefer him over Letterman. I won't watch Conan at all. Guess I will read before bed or get more sleep. That is probably not a bad thing.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
I liked Carson and I like Leno. I don't like Conan or Letterman at all. I'll either be watching reruns on Fox or something similar or I'll be reading/foruming. My son-in-law thinks Conan is great but other than that he's as good a son-in-law as you could want. ;D

·
Registered
788 Posts
Well you guys don't have to worry too much. Leno will have a new show in the fall from what I understand, an hour earlier. He'll probably take all his best gags (Jaywalking, Headlines, etc) with him.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
The only time I watched Conan was when he was fueding with Stewart and Colbert during the Writers Strike. That was awesome TV.

I don't watch Leno any more, I watch Stewart and Colbert.

·
Registered
788 Posts
That's why we have a Tivo. We watch them separately the next day, granted the only thing I watch Leno for is Headlines.

G

·
ProfCrash said:
The only time I watched Conan was when he was fueding with Stewart and Colbert during the Writers Strike. That was awesome TV.

I don't watch Leno any more, I watch Stewart and Colbert.
I hate Leno.

But the Beagle (the Bagel + the Eagle) is watched in our house religiously.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Isn't Jay going to have another show?  Hope he does, I love that guy and as for Canon or Conan or whatever his name is, I never really liked him.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The general consensus is:  Hardly anyone likes Conan (myself included) SO why the hell did Jay pass him the torch?  Goodbye tonight show for me; on to Colbert...or sleep.

Joy Behar or Lisa Lampinelli should give it a try...lol.

G

·
sjc said:
The general consensus is: Hardly anyone likes Conan (myself included) SO why the hell did Jay pass him the torch? Goodbye tonight show for me; on to Colbert...or sleep.

Joy Behar or Lisa Lampinelli should give it a try...lol.
I like Conan.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
When I was in college, I wrote the headlines for our college paper.  No, they didn't ask to see a sample of my work, why do you ask?
Anyway, the news editor and I started intentionally writing headlines to try and get on the Headlines segment.  Sadly, we never did, although the sponsor of the newspaper did threaten to have both of us kicked out of school.  Which was a partial victory.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I find it kind of interesting the so far nobody (except BJ) likes Conan.  I don't like him either and I'll stop watching the tonight show.  Maybe I'll be spending even more time here at KB.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts