Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know that feeling when you're on a roller coaster and you're approaching the top of a big hill? 

It's when the coaster slows to a crawl and you hear that "clink, clink, clink" sound just before you pause at the top.  Your stomach sinks a bit because you know in 2 or 3 seconds the car will cross the point of no return and you'll begin picking up massive speed as you race down the other side.

That's how I feel today.  In 24 hours, a few million new Kindle devices will be unwrapped, booted up and all hell will break loose. 

I think I need some more egg nog. 

Merry Christmas, all... and good luck this week!  :)

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Ditto for Apple and Google. They both made big moves in the eBook world this year. It'll be interesting to see if it translates to more holiday sales..

·
Registered
851 Posts
I hope you're right.  I feel more like Tom Hanks in Castaway, blowing on that tiny bit of kindling.

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
I'm like you Laura Rae.  If it happens, good.  If not then I haven't built my hopes up.  I don't want to spend my Christmas anxiously checking sales  ::)

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
I don't think it's going to be much of a bump. I guess I'll be pleasantly surprised if it is!  ;D

Last year, Amazon had just rolled out Select, and the first few months of 2012 were phenomenal, but it was 100% because of the weighting of the freebies. I mean, I had a book in the top 200 on Christmas Day last year. I am NOT that popular.

If sales are up, I'll be happy for all of us, but just ... guys and gals ... keep those expectations modest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts