Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you already have an Oberon cover (or any cover, for that matter) and you've got a bit of buyer's remorse, or you're just in need of a change but can't afford to buy another cover, you can always sell it on eBay or here in the Buy, Sell, Trade and Barter forum. 

OR, you can do what ak rain and I just did.  We traded Oberon covers.  She'd mentioned in a discussion that her husband wasn't particularly thrilled with the purple Butterfly Oberon he'd inherited with her Kindle 1, that she wasn't interested in selling but might trade.  I responded that I had a saddle Tree of Life (much more manly ;) ) with velcro, and that if hers had velcro & he was interested, I'd be willing to  trade.  She said yep, hers had velcro and he said he'd like that much better.  Last Thursday evening we sealed the deal, we both put our covers in the USPS Priority Mail on Friday.  I'm in Florida, she's in Alaska.  Amazingly, we both got our packages today - I'm loving my purple Butterfly cover, and she says he's much happier with his ToL cover.  I have to give props to the USPS for moving them both that quickly (I know priority is supposed to be 2-3 days, but with that distance I expected it to take longer). 

Just wanted to throw it out there - the "Trade" part of Buy, Sell Trade & Barter can work well - it did for us!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Cool story & great reminder - thanks Meemo (& ak rain).

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
Also possibly the longest distance trade we're likely to see through the boards!  Yay for both of you!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have to add that I had two great transactions last week with members who I sold covers to.  Both couldn't have gone more smoothly using PMs to communicate.  One was a Paypal transaction and the other an Amazon Gift card transaction.  Kindleboards is a great place to do business!!!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Both of my Kindles (K1 & K2) were very easy transactions with KindleBoards members.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
So glad the trade worked out for you!  I also had a very wonderful purchase from another KB member and agree, it's a great place to "shop".

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
KB is the best way to go

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Thats a great story and I'm so glad it worked out for both of you. Each person came away happier with their new item. I always kinda wondered how would the trade situation work but you guys figured it out perfectly.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I have yet to try that. The people here are a trust worthy bunch of folks.  ;D

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have sold several covers on this forum, where we (buyer and seller) were both happy. And I have bought several covers here too. And bought a K1 for my mother!  These transactions have been wonderful from start to finish... and I have also traded covers.  During a transaction where I was selling a cover to a gentleman in Texas, I mentioned that I loved a custom made Strangedog cover that I had seen on eBay, but had hesitated and lost it.  He was the one who bought it, and offered it to me in trade for my Old World Map.  I jumped on that with both feet.  Talk about coincidence!!!  Very glad to see that there are others who have luck with trading on this forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts