Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I was in a car accident today, that I think killed my car. It was raining I hydroplaned, spun and flipped on the interstate (don't worry I think my passenger and I are "okay," Thank God.) My post is not about that but about Kendle. So after making sure my passenger was okay wondered where my kindle was at (along with all my other stuff, like a drivers license.) My purse was unzipped with Kendle inside in the backseat when I left home. My purse was now empty and the contents scattered. (My hairbrush I found on my roof later.) My passenger saw it in the backseat, so I decided to look at it. It seemed to be working. Later when things had calmed down I saw that there is only a minor scrap at the bottom that you can notice if you are staring right at it. It got a bit of mud on it, as well as, the cover, but that's it. The amazon cover gets my approval for keeping my kindle safe!

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
Scary, LS. . . .glad all are o.k. . . . .both human and kindle passengers. . . . .

Ann

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Wow, Glad you and your passenger are OK. I really did not need for anyone to go that far to test the protection their cover gave their Kindle. Again, glad the people are alright

·
Registered
157 Posts
OMG!!!!
Thank Goodness you are all ok! The car can be replaced but, lives cannot.
Did you at least go to the hospital to get checked out? If you are sure you are not injured you are going to be real sore tommorrow.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I got checked out. I'm waiting for the pain tomorrow. I just couldn't fathom the my kindle break, my glasses didn't either when they flew off my face, or my iPod which was in a case but sitting on the console. Once again thank God for looking after us.

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
I am so sorry about your accident, glad to hear that everyone is OK.  I'm sure that was very scary, it is sometimes a wonder that the car can be totaled but items left loose in the vehicle and flying all around come out with nary a scratch on them.  Take care and I hope that tomorrow is pain free.  God was watching.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
When reading your post, I didn't even care about your Kindle.  That is so scary.  I'm so glad you and your passenger are ok!  My heart is racing just thinking about what you went through. 

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Thank you for crash testing the Kindle for Amazon. I hope they gave you a big bonus. Glad to hear that you are alright, but be careful. I was in a bad crash many years ago and the real problems weren't apparent for several days.

Steve

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
LSbookend said:
Okay so I was in a car accident today, that I think killed my car. It was raining I hydroplaned, spun and flipped on the interstate (don't worry I think my passenger and I are "okay," Thank God.) My post is not about that but about Kendle. So after making sure my passenger was okay wondered where my kindle was at (along with all my other stuff, like a drivers license.) My purse was unzipped with Kendle inside in the backseat when I left home. My purse was now empty and the contents scattered. (My hairbrush I found on my roof later.) My passenger saw it in the backseat, so I decided to look at it. It seemed to be working. Later when things had calmed down I saw that there is only a minor scrap at the bottom that you can notice if you are staring right at it. It got a bit of mud on it, as well as, the cover, but that's it. The amazon cover gets my approval for keeping my kindle safe!
So glad you are OK. Very frightening for you, your passenger, and your Kindle!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
My goodness gracious - how scary is that!  I am glad you and your passenger are ok, and hope you have something to cover the soreness tomorrow!  Please keep your purse/bag whatever zipped up!    That goes for all of ya'

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thankful you and your passenger are safe! I can't imagine how scary that must have been, have hydroplaned and fish tailed but never flipped. Glad Kendle is OK too.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Wow...I'm glad you're all right. And I hope you have some fun drugs to take care of the potential day-after soreness. The 2-3 days following an accident can be very ouchy.

·
Registered
704 Posts
  Wow.... what a scary experience. I am glad you are "mostly" OK.  My guess is you will be really sore as time goes on! That is really good to hear the Amazon cover protected your Kindle.
Kdawna

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
kim said:
When reading your post, I didn't even care about your Kindle.
Same here! Glad no one was hurt!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glad to hear that everyone was ok (kindle too).

I was in a car accident 7 weeks ago, and still recovering from my injuries.  The first few days after the accident are the worst.  Try and take it easy...

Someone already mentioned it, but it is worth mentioning again...  Try and be sure things such as purses, bags are zipped up.  My purse was also open.....everything flew out, cell phone shattered....even my daughters colored pencils became projectiles.  I am now much more conscious as to what is sitting in the vehicle and that it is secured.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Glad you are and the passenger are okay. Got pics of the car right after the incident??  :eek:

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
WOW! Glad you're OK.........please tell me you didn't check on your Kindle while you were in an upside down car? Cuz then I know you were in shock! LOL

1 - 20 of 23 Posts