Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else out there like me who keeps checking for the arrival of the update?  It's almost (OK, not even close) like waiting for your Kindle to arrive after you order it.  :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
vickikayak said:
Anybody else out there like me who keeps checking for the arrival of the update? It's almost (OK, not even close) like waiting for your Kindle to arrive after you order it. :)
Nah. There's nothing particularly useful in the update. It will update when it updates. It makes no difference to me whether it is today, or a month from now.

Steve

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I tried leaving Whispernet on last night while my K. was asleep (plugged in to the charger), but nothing happened.  Obviously my update is not ready yet :)  I'm interested in seeing it happen, but, like Steve, I'm not too worried about it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'm waiting for my update. I check my Kindle every opportunity I get. Since I have two kindles on one account, and sometimes only one Kindle is around, I'm looking foward to being able to pick up where I left off no matter which Kindle is around.

Plus, I'm one of those people who always has to have the latest updates, and so I really want to have the latest.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I also left my whispernet on all night but still no update... really, just curious to see if it would actually update, not out of need for the update. 

I

·
0 Posts
This update thing is probablly wont happen again until the next business day or next month.  My books are still there to read so I'm not going to worry about it too much.  We may not get it until the K2 comes out Thursday.  (I am joking)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Haven't gotten the update yet either, but like most here - don't care as it doesn't sound like the upgrade adds anything really useful like folders for material. Oh well...... :-\

Sherri

·
Registered
731 Posts
Trekker said:
At the very least be able to hide the books on the SD card. This way I can move the read ones there.
You can create a folder on your SD card called "Books I've Read" and drag them there. The Kindle won't see them and they'll still be on your card. Personally, I just delete everything once I've read it.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Nothing yet.  It doesn't phase me; I can still read the books that are on my K.

I

·
0 Posts
I turned mine on today and it said updating. I though oh joy here we go! It was getting the free book I ordered yesterday.

lexie22 said:
There's an update?

When do I get it, and what's it do?
We're not sure. When they do send it out, it should automatically update as soon as you turn on Whispernet.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Turned mine on today (whispernet) said updating:  did its thing and still says 1.1 ??? go figure!!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Is there anyone who has gotten the update that started with 1.1.1?  It seems like everyone who has gotten the update so far had an earlier version like 1.0.4 or 1.0.8.  They must be sending to the oldest version's first..??

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Mine only says 1.1 no third digit.  So I ASSUME that it means 1.1.0 ??? Today said updating and it still reads 1.1

·
Registered
679 Posts
RB said:
Is there anyone who has gotten the update that started with 1.1.1? It seems like everyone who has gotten the update so far had an earlier version like 1.0.4 or 1.0.8. They must be sending to the oldest version's first..??
I have 1.0.4 - and no update yet. What is really weird is i have one of the reborn kindles... you would think that it would have came with the most current (at that time) version.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
have anyone said anything about updates for those of us a long way out of whispernet? though this one I am not too concerned about if it was folders, translators (so no conversion necessary) I would be trying harder to find solution.
Sylvia

1 - 20 of 27 Posts