Kindle Forum banner

421 - 440 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #422 ·
griffin911 said:
I tried to follow the first posts to buy the books, but got "cannot be found" notices from Amazon. Any help?
I've modified the original post to explain about my publishing deal. I also removed the Amazon links so new readers of this thread wouldn't be confused about why they were broken. Thanks for bringing to my attention.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #423 ·
Some of you have asked how to get a signed copy of THE ARK if I'm not touring in a city near you. I've set up a system with a local proprietor here in Seattle called The Signed Page where you can order personalized, signed copies on the Web. It's great because the store is near me, and they take care of all the shipping to make sure the book arrives intact. It's a pretty slick setup.

http://signedpage.com/authors/morrison-ark.html

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'll be putting my name on the list Boyd, to be personalized!! ;D ;D
jp

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #425 ·
I just found out from Simon and Schuster that The Ark will be available on Kindle on May 11! It's not available for pre-order yet, but I'm told it will be available at least two weeks before the book is released. No word yet on Kindle pricing. I know that's been a big issue lately, but unfortunately those decisions are made at a high level in S&S, way over my head.

·
Registered
208 Posts
YEAH ;D ;D I was hoping these would be available on Kindle soon.  I missed getting them before...they had already been removed from Amazon by the time I bought my Kindle and discovered Kindleboards. 

Congratulations, Boyd.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Great trailer.
(Glad I got in on the beginning  ;), but I'm sure going to pitch this to friends who haven't read it yet)

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
You all who have not bought this book must do so. . . it is worth the $11.99 the Publisher is charging. . . . .

And, Boyd, I'm gonna do my darndest to get to your signing in NY in July. . . . .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #436 ·
Ann in Arlington said:
You all who have not bought this book must do so. . . it is worth the $11.99 the Publisher is charging. . . . .

And, Boyd, I'm gonna do my darndest to get to your signing in NY in July. . . . .
Great, Ann! I hope to see you there.

Yes, I'm sure the price will be a turnoff for some people because I know pricing has been a big issue lately. As a debut author in a big organization, I don't have any say in the matter (part of the tradeoff for getting print books out there instead of self-publishing my ebooks), but I hope that the readers who do decide to try The Ark will feel like they've gotten their time and money's worth.

But I have to say, as much as I'm a fan of ebooks, the DTB looks very cool sitting on my kitchen counter!

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
I've been waiting for this book for an age. I missed it when it was floating in our Indie pool, and now that it's broken through to the top, I', so excited it's available. Just downloaded it. (well, preordered it)

Edward C. Patterson

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
boydm said:
But I have to say, as much as I'm a fan of ebooks, the DTB looks very cool sitting on my kitchen counter!
I'm sure it does! Rest assured if I get up there for the signing, I'll buy one for you to write in!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Boyd, did you have to make any/many revisions to the book for the new publisher?  I can't remember now and am too lazy to re-read the whole thread. :D

Just thinking that the original version I already have is probably 'good enough'....but then again I'll probably buy the new one eventually anyway.  ;D

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #440 ·
Steph H said:
Boyd, did you have to make any/many revisions to the book for the new publisher? I can't remember now and am too lazy to re-read the whole thread. :D

Just thinking that the original version I already have is probably 'good enough'....but then again I'll probably buy the new one eventually anyway. ;D
I didn't add or remove a single chapter, but we did edit to tighten things up a bit, so that it's even faster paced than last year's version. We also changed a few of the names. The most significant are the villain and his church. It's Sebastian Ulric now instead of Sebastian Garrett (we thought Garrett and Grant were too similar), and The Holy Hydronastic Church became The Church of the Holy Waters, which I like a lot better.

421 - 440 of 633 Posts