Kindle Forum banner

461 - 480 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #462 ·
JP, unfortunately my book tour budget didn't allow a trip to Chicago this time around, but I'll try to add it next year.

I'd like to share some good news. So far, the reception for The Ark has been great! In the Wall Street Journal, it's listed as the number 8 hardcover mystery in the country.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704717004575268550639498316.html

And the Denver Post listed The Ark as the number 6 overall hardcover fiction bestseller in the city!

http://www.denverpost.com/books/ci_15177639

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I just had to post this! I'm in a B&N in Springfield, VA and right in the front of the store, as part of their "recommended for Father's Day" display is a huge stack of The Ark! Too cool! I told my husband, "I know him! He's on Kindleboards!" So excited for you, Boyd!

Betsy

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
Thanks for the posting, Betsy.
I never go into book stores anymore, so I would have missed it.
I will run out and try to find the nearest one just so I can see the displays.

Boyd's work is really something.
It was a great pleasure to have already read his books.
And now he might become famous.

Neat.

Just sayin.....

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
Woo Hoo!  I may have to go into the B&N in Seven Corners tomorrow and do the same thing. . . .I'll tell the staff they should all read it so it can be someones "this week's recommendation" book.  ;D

And I'm seriously considering going up to NY in mid July when he'll be doing a book signing. . . .I must coordinate with Richard. . . . . .

Fingers crossed for a NYT bestseller rank. . . .and a book review in WaPo!

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Well, I'm only here to get the free Lee Child for the iPad! Too cool!

Betsy
That is cool. . . .an iBooks book? The new one?

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
No, the B&N reader, and not the latest--it's One Shot from 2005, no. 9 in the series, but I love the series...B&N is giving away a book a week thru Jun 7 to anyone using the Nook or a B&N app on a mobile device.

If you go to NY, Ann, it may be time to repay the Harry Potter books....I'd love an autographed Ark...

Betsy

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I just had to post this! I'm in a B&N in Springfield, VA and right in the front of the store, as part of their "recommended for Father's Day" display is a huge stack of The Ark! Too cool! I told my husband, "I know him! He's on Kindleboards!" So excited for you, Boyd!

Betsy
A photo would've been nice....just sayin'...

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
Betsy, If I go to NY I'll DEFINITELY get you a personally inscribed copy of The Ark. . . . .

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #474 ·
I'd love to see anyone who can make it to NYC. Should be a fun signing at Mysterious Bookshop on July 9. It's a HarperCollins event, but the bookstore invited me to crash it.

One Shot is the first Lee Child I read, and it got me addicted. I think I read all the Reachers within a few months after that. I'm looking forward to 61 Hours, right after I finish the excellent vampire thriller Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth (we signed together at Poisoned Pen in Phoenix, which was very cool).

Thanks for telling me about the book sightings. It's probably asking a bit much for the NYT list, but it's great to know the book is getting in front of people. And it must be connecting with some new readers. So far, the new Amazon reader reviews have been wonderful.

I also just found out that The Ark will be published in China, Czech Republic, and France, which brings the total to 18 foreign markets!

And I don't mean to tease (well, maybe a little  ;) ), but I just turned in the prologue for Tyler Locke 2 (which will go in the back of The Ark paperback), and my editor loved it. Can't wait until I can share the title with you!

·
Registered
21,587 Posts
I am still a member of the Doublday Science Fiction Book Club, even though I mostly buy just ebooks now.
And in this month's advertising package, there is an advertisment for .......wait for it.......

The Ark.

How about that.

Just popping up all over.

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
O.K.  That's WAY cool, geoff. . . . . .

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Since I didn't have a camera yesterday, and Steph asked for it, if one of you makes your way to a B&N, as you've mentioned, and there is a display that includes The Ark, maybe you could get a pic?  I won't be back at B&N for a week, probably...

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
Well, the book was on the Father's Day display. . .but it was on a lower level, not particularly prominent. . . I was tempted to rearrange things. ::)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Well, the book was on the Father's Day display. . .but it was on a lower level, not particularly prominent. . . I was tempted to rearrange things. ::)
We have 2 B&N's here in town and one store had it prominently displayed on the table at the front door, on the top in a great spot! The other store had it on the table but on a lower shelf. I so badly wanted to tell them that it was too good to display on a lower shelf!!

Awesome book, Boyd! Can't wait to read the next Tyler Locke adventure! BTW, I read your other 2 books first and LOVED them just as much. You need to write faster!

461 - 480 of 633 Posts