Kindle Forum banner

481 - 500 of 633 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #481 ·
Still cool to see it in a store. Maybe only two copies means they've been selling them!

And how funny that the Man Skills book above it shows a Swiss Army Knife, which is just a little too simple for Tyler, who uses a manly Leatherman.  ;)

·
Registered
13,767 Posts
I could have had it for 20% off.  ;D  Boyd, I mentioned The Ark in the last 2 interviews that I've given. You're the best thing to come from these roots since . . . April Hamilton.

Ed Patterson

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #483 ·
Edward C. Patterson said:
I could have had it for 20% off. ;D Boyd, I mentioned The Ark in the last 2 interviews that I've given. You're the best thing to come from these roots since . . . April Hamilton.

Ed Patterson
Thanks, Ed! I appreciate it.

·
Super Moderator
67,320 Posts
For the record, my son is in the SciFi Book Club. . . .there was a special advert for The Ark on the back of the envelope this month. . . . .I told him he should order it. . .but I don't think he did 'cause the papers come here but he lives in NJ. . . . .He'd like it though. . . . .I may have to buy it for him. ::)

·
Registered
377 Posts
After seeing this thread bumped up last week, I remembered that I had downloaded 3 Boyd Morrison books last year, but had not gotten around to reading any of them. Seeing some of the comments spurred me to read The Ark and I was so impressed with it that I read all three books in about 5 days. The Palmyra Impact was a real surprise to me. Who knew a suspense novel
with no murderer or psychopath, just a little tsunami,
could hold your interest and make you want to stay up half the night to see what happens? The Adamas Blueprint, while IMHO not as riveting as the other two, was another great read.

Thanks for the great fiction, Boyd, keep up the good work.

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
While waiting for DD to check out her books at the public library this afternoon, I typed "Boyd Morrison - The Ark" into the library search computer.... just idly wondering whether the county had a copy yet.

So, FWIW, Fairfax County (Northern Virginia) has five copies among their libraries... all of them currently checked out.... and a total of 24 holds, i.e. 24 people on the waiting list to read it. :)

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I was at a Border's in Silver Spring, MD on Thursday and went looking for Boyd's book.  Unlike B&N, they didn't have it on any of their tables, but it was on the shelves under "Thrillers"...some of books by other authors had been pulled out by the staff and placed on the shelves under so that the cover was visible, but Boyd's was just "in" the shelves when we got there.  But not when we left.  :D

Betsy

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #491 ·
Thanks for looking out for me, everyone!

I'm in Munich now doing research for the next book, and Die Arche just came out in Germany. It's very weird seeing it in stores here.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Read The Ark (original Kindle version) on my trip to New York! Wow! This was a great ride. Loved it. Loved the strong woman character, Boyd. Would love to see more of her and of Grant and Locke as well!

The Palmyra Impact has just moved up on my TBR list...

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I read The Adamas Blueprint long ago, it was good enough, but The Ark was much better! I'll let y'all know when I read Palmyra. It'll be awhile, I have many other KB authors to sample first. I left a review of The Ark, Boyd, not that you needed it!

Betsy

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I read The Adamas Blueprint long ago, it was good enough, but The Ark was much better! I'll let y'all know when I read Palmyra. It'll be awhile, I have many other KB authors to sample first. I left a review of The Ark, Boyd, not that you needed it!

Betsy
I appreciate the review, Betsy. I'm always happy to get one.

Tyler and Grant will be back in the next book, but Dilara will be too busy with Noah's Ark to join the adventure. I'm thrilled to announce that we now have a US title for the next book: THE VAULT. Details to come!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Boyd,

I hope Dilara will finish up with Noah's Ark at some point and let you write her some new adventures. It was soooo refreshing to have a female character (other than Eve Dallas) who could kick some serious butt and didn't need rescuing. She was one of my favorite parts of the book.

Looking forward to The Vault.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I was just looking at Boyd's books on Kindle to make a choice for my August Book Game, and I found that "Rogue Wave" (previously released on Kindle as The Palmyra Impact) is available for preorder at $5.99. I just finished this in its original iteration and loved it. Different than The Ark, a good fast read, and a great preorder price. Just sayin' as a very satisfied fan. No cover art yet, though!

Rogue Wave

Betsy

481 - 500 of 633 Posts