Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really looking forward to seeing season 2. Season 1 was too short for me--but I have to say, I'm really enjoying the pace they're going at here. Nothing seems hurried, and they are doing what they want to do, at the detail they want. A must-see for all things dead fans.

Behind the scene clip here.

·
Registered
393 Posts
It should be interesting to see where they go from last season. I imagine there are only so many directions you can go with Zombies, and most of them have been done and re-done.

·
Registered
409 Posts
This is based on a comic series, and I don't think from what I've read that it has deviated much. One thing I've heard from the comics is no one is safe, they have no qualms killing off main characters.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I've seen Love Actually a billion times and yet I didn't realize the sheriff in this is the same actor. Brits know how to work an American accent.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Having read all the comics...  I absolutely love the tv series.  Season 2 cannot come soon enough.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
When does season 2 start?  I am, in general, sick of the zombie genre, but i thought the writing of this show was excellent.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'll be honest I hated the first season. The first two episodes were really good, but then it started to get boring. I didn't feel anything towards the characters, they felt fake to me. I'll give season 2 a try though.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That trailer really has me wanting the show now.  Loved last season and can't wait for the next one to begin.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I tried the series, but I'm in the "tired of zombies" camp.

That probably seems odd given my book, but I have to keep pointing out that Risen isn't really a zombie story. Not all stories about people coming back from the dead are zombie stories!

Anyhow, I checked into The Walking Dead, thought it was well done, but just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to keep watching. No criticism of the show whatsoever, just my own state of mind.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Jan Strnad said:
I tried the series, but I'm in the "tired of zombies" camp.

That probably seems odd given my book, but I have to keep pointing out that Risen isn't really a zombie story. Not all stories about people coming back from the dead are zombie stories!

Anyhow, I checked into The Walking Dead, thought it was well done, but just couldn't work up the enthusiasm to keep watching. No criticism of the show whatsoever, just my own state of mind.
Yeah I'm getting tired of zombie movies and shows as well. It's just the same stuff over and over to me. My friend is a huge fan of zombie anything, and I can't see how he likes it so much.

·
Premium Member
6,848 Posts
I've never really gotten into zombies before this series ... I'd seen all the movies but they were just all about running from the undead = Yawn.  This series really changed my mind as it's about so much more than running and hiding.

·
Registered
8,713 Posts
I've said it before on Kindleboards and I'll say it again ... the only concept we have of zombies these days is the one created by George Romero in his (admittedly terrific) movies. There used to be a lot more to these fantasy creatures than that. Take a look at Val Lewton's classic movie 'I Walked With a Zombie.' Take a look at the legends from Haiti and other places that have zombie-lore. We need to find some more original types of zombie, and put the brain-munchers back into the closet for a while.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Tony Richards said:
I've said it before on Kindleboards and I'll say it again ... the only concept we have of zombies these days is the one created by George Romero in his (admittedly terrific) movies. There used to be a lot more to these fantasy creatures than that. Take a look at Val Lewton's classic movie 'I Walked With a Zombie.' Take a look at the legends from Haiti and other places that have zombie-lore. We need to find some more original types of zombie, and put the brain-munchers back into the closet for a while.
I'm totally down for something new. That's why I loved the 28 days and 28 weeks later. Zombies can now run, yes please. I think they should make movies where zombies start to become more human. Give them the option to think, be more smart. Would totally love that.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Brem said:
I'm totally down for something new. That's why I loved the 28 days and 28 weeks later. Zombies can now run, yes please. I think they should make movies where zombies start to become more human. Give them the option to think, be more smart. Would totally love that.
Check out the movie American Zombie It's not so much a horror film but a mockumentary with an original take on zombie life.
Well done.

·
Registered
597 Posts
balaspa said:
When does season 2 start? I am, in general, sick of the zombie genre, but i thought the writing of this show was excellent.
Season premiere set for Oct. 16. I can't wait. Came to this show 2/3 into the season, but loved it. I was terrified by zombie movies as a kid, but around my teens most of them just made me laugh. This one is good, cause it actually gives me the creeps.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Bleekness said:
Got it written down. Thanks for that!

It'll be interesting to see where they go with it now that Frank Durabont was let go. That was a shocker.
That has me really worried. Frank Darabont is great and apparently he was let go because of his reaction to budget cuts. The combination of him being let go and the reduced budget has brought down my expectations for season two. I'll still watch and hope they can pull through and still deliver a quality show.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts