Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the world is gonna end today my kindle friends. I know, because one preacher man says so! So in honor of May 21st and judgment day, I have decided to make a list of five things to do today before the end of the world. You can read about the five things I'm gonna do on my blog at http://CaedemMarquez.com

But what about you? What are five things you're going to do before the world ends today? Is writing one of them? Now that is an interesting question!

Caedem - http://CaedemMarquez.com

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Thanks for the heads up.  I had no idea.  I'd sure hate to miss a good apocalypse.  :eek:

If the world were to end today, I'd stop payment on the last five bills I paid, and go buy something decadent, preferably in the chocolate range.  Then I'd find a good book to read.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
It's gonna end here in 15 minutes (at 6pm, apparently). It's already ended in New Zealand. Can anyone from the land of the long white cloud confirm if this is the case?

Edit: One should not have too many beverages and then post. It is possible the world has ended and I haven't noticed.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Seems the Spanish government forgot to pass on that message - must have come in Siesta time! Well, good to know anyway. We're off to play golf and then watch for it from the 19th hole, it has a balcony and a bar with great tapas. We can help ourselves if the bar staff have 'left'.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I think it's jolly considerate of Him in charge to end the day at 6pm in each time zone, so we don't have to go to the bother of working out when it's going to hit us. And I can have a nice pot of tea at 4 o'clock before all the gnashing and wailing begins.

Not that I'm entirely convinced. So today I'll just carry on making my paperback cover for Replica.

Lexi

·
Registered
440 Posts
First thing that springs to mind is - I'm not going to mow the lawn today.
Two duck eggs and lots of bacon for breakfast - cram cholesterol contentedly - quite pedestrian so far eh?
Three cups of strong coffee with cardamon - I was going to have one anyway, but y'know today will require hyperalertness and stuff.
Four - fire resistant socks. One pair on & a spare pair for replacing if engulfed in lava or ash flows or similar. Apparently The Rapture will sweep all the Good People up and away and the rest of us will be left to 5 months of Tribulation, with fire and earthquakes and so on.
Better get busy doing some serious looting. Which is #5 on this list. Start with locating those fire resistant socks right after breakfast.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
I'll go to Cheesecake Factory at 5PM then. If the world is ending at 6PM then I don't have to worry about gluten. (Stepping foot in the place would be lethal for me) On the otherhand, JUST in case, maybe I won't. ;)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Now to be fair, the world isn't going to technically end today.  It's the rapture or judgement day (no, not the Terminator Movie either).  So that means all the good people are going to heaven (apparently by a giant earthquake, which seems like a bum deal to me).  Then of course, all the souls of the evil people will come back to life and haunt the earth for 100 days.  So if you ever wanted to tell off Hitler, now is your chance.  Then after the 100 days is over, God closes up shop and the end the place proper.  So we sinners should have a pretty eventful 100 days. 

1 - 20 of 36 Posts