Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it is safe to say that 2008 has been THE YEAR OF THE KINDLE. That is the year when the Kindle, and book readers in general, have finally registered on the psyche of the American public (thank you Ophra). I think there is no turning back now. I think the only thing holding it back now is availability of books. If anyone could figure out a way to get student's textbooks (along with all associated charts, pictures, etc,) properly onto the Kindle, I think it would take over the world. Then the entire next generation of students would have, and use, an ereader. We need to get Googles' book project of digitizing every book ever made to be put into ereader form. I think Amazon should join this project to insure Kindle access and compatibility.

Steve

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I can't wait to see on written into a TV show.  How much will Jeff Bezos have to pay for that product placement?  Definitely the Kindle came out of hiding this year!  Go Kindle!

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
I'm with you Betsy,  it would be interesting to see someone using a Kindle in a popular prime time TV show or a movie.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I would agree.  It is definitely the year of the Kindle.

I had my Kindle in church yesterday and several people asked me what it was but one person came up and said, "Is that that Oprah book reader thing?"

Uh, yes it is the Oprah book reader thing.  She loved the screen and said she would be saving her pennies to get one.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
I agree that the Oprah endorsement was huge for the Kindle and e-readers in general.  They're not ubiquitous yet, but at least they are being publicly acknowledged.  I also agree that getting textbooks widely available electronically will likely be the tipping point, but it won't be with the current Kindle, and at the rate the publishers are going it may be a while yet.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Vampyre said:
I'm with you Betsy, it would be interesting to see someone using a Kindle in a popular prime time TV show or a movie.
Just a matter of time!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts