Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
The article seems to be centering on how people are reacting to the pandemic, but my own life has changed very little. What I feel now is about the same as it was before. Due to certain situations with my family, I didn't really get out much beforehand, and with the lockdowns and pandemic restrictions, it's not much changed now, obviously. I think the pandemic has given many a bit of the experience that a lot of people go through day to day, pandemic or no pandemic.

Not complaining or bitching about it, mind you, and I don't mean to come off as cynical as it may sound. It's just that to many people, what may be called 'languishing' is not a new deal.

·
Registered
694 Posts
The article seems to be centering on how people are reacting to the pandemic, but my own life has changed very little. What I feel now is about the same as it was before. Due to certain situations with my family, I didn't really get out much beforehand, and with the lockdowns and pandemic restrictions, it's not much changed now, obviously. I think the pandemic has given many a bit of the experience that a lot of people go through day to day, pandemic or no pandemic.

Not complaining or bitching about it, mind you, and I don't mean to come off as cynical as it may sound. It's just that to many people, what may be called 'languishing' is not a new deal.
I agree with this. I was diagnosed with stage 4 terminal kidney cancer in 2018 and spent two years fighting for my life, isolated, unable to live the life I wanted, stuck at home ill. Then the pandemic came and it's all "gee. More of the same."

I didn't feel all the anxiety and loss other people did in the beginning, because I had already been feeling it for two years. Now everyone else knew what it felt like to be ill/disabled/ sidelined.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts