Kindle Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

for my master thesis in my current studies I am looking at how eBook readers find and choose their next read, as well as which add-ons (Customization) they are interested in. I would be really interested in your opinion on a range of questions which should take you roughly 10 minutes to answer. If you are interested in the results, you can choose to leave your email address at the end of the survey and later on receive the statistical data.

http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=wxnzpyn2ijy6efz189200

Furthermore, I hope that the board administrators agree with me that this is the right location to post this topic. If not, please let me know.

Thanks for your support and all the best,

Yves

·
Registered
864 Posts
Done.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Done.  :)

Sheila

·
Registered
434 Posts
For those that completed the survey, I'm curious what y'all thought of the
personalization
questions.

Hover your mouse to reveal the Spoiler

I have zero desire to see my name or significant other mentioned as the hero, villian, etc. or even to have the book dedicated to me. As such, I wouldn't pay for that option either.

·
Super Moderator
67,395 Posts
kansaskyle -- I agree.  Not an idea that appeals to me at all.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Also done, and good luck with this.

You did leave out one option though - my answer to your question in this thread title would most often be, ”The books find me!"  (Seems like it a lot of times, anyway!)

That's only partly a joke. I can be reading an article in a magazine and suddenly see a book mentioned in passing, and end up sampling it and getting it. (Different from consciously reading a book review.) I've seen people reading (print) books on the subway, and the books and / or people look interesting so I check out the book. I found one book this year after a musician casually mentioned it at a concert while making small talk as he was tuning up.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi Gdae23,

yes, this would probably go under "recommendation". I know what you mean, I typically get books based on something I pick up somewhere as well.

Hi Kansaskyle,

you probably know this, but some sites actually offer you to change the names of the protagonists. Specifically in childrens books. For them, it's of course a blast.

All the best,

Yves

1 - 17 of 17 Posts