Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't you get the feeling that things are calming down. Those who got Kindles for Xmas have pretty much learned how to use them and don't have a ton of "how to" questions. Those that are waiting to get theirs still have a few weeks to go. There are even just so many times one can post that they are waiting for their Kindle to arrive (they seems to get weary around 50 posts). No immanent release of Kindle 2. Once in a while we will have a disturbance in the force - fraudulent Harry Potter books, etc, but in general I see a calm of happy readers descending over the land, at least for now.

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,888 Posts
stevene9 said:
Don't you get the feeling that things are calming down. Those who got Kindles for Xmas have pretty much learned how to use them and don't have a ton of "how to" questions. Those that are waiting to get theirs still have a few weeks to go. There are even just so many times one can post that they are waiting for their Kindle to arrive (they seems to get weary around 50 posts). No immanent release of Kindle 2. Once in a while we will have a disturbance in the force - fraudulent Harry Potter books, etc, but in general I see a calm of happy readers descending over the land, at least for now.

Steve
Lol. I stopped asking so many questions once I bought Leslie's FAQ book. Maybe everyone else did the same thing ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
I wouldn't know...I hardly ever skip over to the "other side" anymore.  I got too aggrevated with the same old B.S. on a daily; make that minute by minute basis. 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,465 Posts
OK...so your post made me curiously pop over to the dark side and NOTHING has changed.  One of the newest posts is about "gee, we need folders"  I replied, we needed them 19,000 posts and 10 months ago too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,424 Posts
I am sad that things are calming down! I am ready for LOADS of questions and stories of "The Day Kindle arrived at my house". :-[

Can you tell I am in the waiting boat??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
sjc said:
OK...so your post made me curiously pop over to the dark side and NOTHING has changed. One of the newest posts is about "gee, we need folders" I replied, we needed them 19,000 posts and 10 months ago too.
Actually, I think it has changed. The number one question used to be, "Can I use my kindle in [insert name of place not the US]?" Now it is, "Can I read PDFs on my Kindle?"

Never mind that both questions have been answered 10 billion times, they are still asked.

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
Leslie said:
Actually, I think it has changed. The number one question used to be, "Can I use my kindle in [insert name of place not the US]?" Now it is, "Can I read PDFs on my Kindle?"

Never mind that both questions have been answered 10 billion times, they are still asked.

L
Leslie, now I really feel bad ::) because I just asked this question the other day. Sometimes information gets ignored until there is a need for it, and that is what prompts the question.

Marci
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
869 Posts
KindleKay said:
I am sad that things are calming down! I am ready for LOADS of questions and stories of "The Day Kindle arrived at my house". :-[

Can you tell I am in the waiting boat??



KindleKay, I am with you. You know, I find myself waiting impatiently even though I have a Kindle. I **love** Kindle watches and the excitement of owners when their Kindle arrives. Steven is right - this could be the calm before the tsunami of Kindle releases.

"When are they going to come!???!!!"​

Marci
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,280 Posts
Marci said:
Leslie, now I really feel bad ::) because I just asked this question the other day. Sometimes information gets ignored until there is a need for it, and that is what prompts the question.

Marci
Don't feel bad because guess what? Even though the question has been asked eleventy gazillion times, I keep answering it! LOL. So who's the sucker? Not the question asker... ;D

My point was that we seemed to have moved from the international question. Not sure why....

L
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
860 Posts
I don't even go there anymore.  I love it here and don't see any reason to visit there.  The people here are kind, helpful and fun!  I don't need any of that negativism and the set up there is very frustrating.  The best thing about those boards it they led me here!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,981 Posts
I go there because I get a chuckle out of the reactions that folks have to some of the posts. It is amazing to me that the grumpy, annoying folks don't realize that they can just ignore the topics asking about why they can't order books for their Kindle when they live in country X and don't have a credit card from an American Bank with an American address attached to it. It is kind of funny watching them go nuts and respond to the posts.

I don't stare at the accident scenes on highways because I want to get home quickly. Instead, I check in on Amazon's Kindle Boards.
 
G

·
KindleKay said:
I am sad that things are calming down! I am ready for LOADS of questions and stories of "The Day Kindle arrived at my house". :-[

Can you tell I am in the waiting boat??
Yes but it's hard because you color is difficult for me to read. :)

Some day soon, from the factory, kindles will pour.

They will come by UPS, FedEx an USPS, to your door.

Then all of you will be blessed.
You'll have Kindles and be able to rest.

You will see how wonderful Kindles are,
as you use them at home, on a plane or in the car.

So hang hang in there tough with be
and one day soon with Kindle you will be
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top