Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have really enjoyed being a part of this board over the past month or so since I got my Kindle (has it really only been a month???) but there are a few things I would LOVE to see that would bake it easier when reading the boards.

I would love to be able to "Jump to first unread message" in a thread. If there are 2 new pages of posts it's hard to know where you left off.

Multi-quote- I'd love to check a "multi quote" button as I'm reading through a thread and then at the end hit "post" and reply to the previous posts all at once. Currently if I hit "quote" then continue reading to the next page, it gets rid of the quote from the prior page.

I'd love to have the option of setting it to a larger amount of posts per page. i do use the "all" button a lot, but I find threads like "Kindle Losers (weight loss) with 12+ pages daunting. I avoid having to click through 12 pages, but might if I could view all and just scroll through them.

That's all for now, just thought I'd throw it out there! This is a great board and I appreciate all your hard work. :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'd also love to be able to jump to the "first unread" post of a thread.  I'm on Ravelry and that's how their forum works.  It is a really nice feature when it's possible.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
When you're looking at the page with all the different threads listed, in the subject, right after the subject and before the page numbers, you should see NEW. Click on that and it will take you to the last post you read in that thread.

As for multi-quote, click quote on the first post you want to quote and when you have the reply box, you can scroll down and it shows the threads in that post. in the upper right hand corner of each post, there's an insert quote. Click on that and it will quote that post too.

Am I making sense?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
If you click on Profile, look on the left and you will see a box: Modify Profile
Click on Look and Layout Preference
Click on Show Most Recent Posts at the Top

If you do this the newest posts will always be first and you won't have to scroll through page after page.

Hope this helps.

At the top of Home Page next to your avatar you can also click on Show New Replies to Your Posts and
Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit

This makes it easier to navigate through the threads.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ahhh, thanks for the replies! The "jump to first unread" is for new posts within a thread that you've already read, not to see which threads are new... does that make sense? Like if I'm reading the "Outlander" book club, then I come back the next day and a bunch of other people have posted within the Outlander thread, I could click on the thread, then at the top there would be a "view first unread" button to jump down to where you left off reading or posting. Is there a way of doing this that I've missed?

I love the "show new replies to your posts" and "show inread posts since last visit" and use them often. As for the multi-quote tips, I'll have to check it out! It sounds like I've missed something!

;D

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Panjo said:
Ahhh, thanks for the replies! The "jump to first unread" is for new posts within a thread that you've already read, not to see which threads are new... does that make sense? Like if I'm reading the "Outlander" book club, then I come back the next day and a bunch of other people have posted within the Outlander thread, I could click on the thread, then at the top there would be a "view first unread" button to jump down to where you left off reading or posting. Is there a way of doing this that I've missed?

I love the "show new replies to your posts" and "show inread posts since last visit" and use them often. As for the multi-quote tips, I'll have to check it out! It sounds like I've missed something!

;D
If you will go to Profile and follow those instructions below, the newest posts will always be at the top of the page when you return to it. So for example the most recent post made will be first and then you read down form the top to bottom of page. It prevents you from having to read post after post that you have previously read. I hope that make sense. ???

In the display page Verena posted with NEW circled in red, click on NEW and it will take you to the most recent post.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Panjo said:
Is there a way of doing this that I've missed?
Yes. Click the NEW button.

It doesn't mean new thread, it means new posts. As in unread posts.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
pidgeon92 said:
Yes. Click the NEW button.

It doesn't mean new thread, it means new posts. As in unread posts.
Got it! I thought it meant that it was a new thread. Thanks for (re)expaining it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts