Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning, before I got out of bed, I decided to drop the price of one of my books to 99c for the weekend.

Rather than grab a cup of coffee as I usually do when I first get up, I went straight to the computer, logged into KDP and made my change.

Several hours later, while on a break at work, I went to my product page to see if the change had gone through.

It had. Patriot Paradox is now $99.

Oops.

Fortunately, Amazon price-matched so the book is discounted to $2.99.

That's the last time I do that...

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's kind of fantastic. I've been pulling moves like that all week trying to quit coffee.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
swolf said:
Any sales before they price-matched? ;D
Good question. I had 2-3 sales this AM between when I changed it (5:30AM) and when I checked it (~9AM)... whether any of those were under the higher extra-special limited edition box-set price, I don't know. I hope not.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
IndiaLeeBooks said:
That's kind of fantastic. I've been pulling moves like that all week trying to quit coffee.
Quit coffee? That would be horrible.. I only drink one or two cups a day, but it's an absolute requirement to start the day.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The sale price is actually a pretty good deal.. you save $96.01 (97%). You don't see deals like that very often these days..

·
Registered
125 Posts
WilliamEsmont said:
Quit coffee? That would be horrible.. I only drink one or two cups a day, but it's an absolute requirement to start the day.
I don't recommend it. I'm only doing it because I was challenged and have trouble turning down challenges. It's only been this week but I miss it - I miss it so, so much.

Oh man. Now I'm sad.

I really enjoyed your post though! And I agree that at 97% off, that's quite the deal.

·
Registered
396 Posts
I updated two of my novels so each one would have an excerpt from the other.  Then I uploaded the updated versions.  Two uploads, one after the other.

Of the same file.  Under two titles.

Now, my sales are slow enough that I could have gotten away with that for a while.  So, to make sure I got maximum mileage from my screwup, I uploaded the text of "Lord of Fire" to Red Adept under the title "Bert the Barbarian."  Then, about ten minutes too late, I noticed the mistake.

Only the fact that I'm self-employed keeps me from getting fired.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
IndiaLeeBooks said:
What? Why on earth would you want to quit coffee?!? ;D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts