Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say that I have participated in many different kinds of forums for many different things, and this is without a doubt the friendliest forum with the most helpful and considerate participants. I have now had my Kindle for about a week, and I am still in awe of both the Kindle and my fellow Kindlers. I thank you all for providing such a great experience.

Steve

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
This is my first and only board...you mean they all aren't as friendly as us?

I agree, for the short time I have been here, I have learned so much about Kindle and Kindle people (in a good way) ;D Thank you everyone, and you Steve, for being part of our Happy Kindle Home.

·
0 Posts
Looks like the hook as been set, now all we gotta do is reel him in, net him, gut him and put him on the grill.  ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Flattery goes a long way around here. (Hey, it's how we mod's get paid.) Thank you, Steve!

I've been around several forums for a few years, too, and - while there are some great communities I've seen out there - I am really appreciative of this particular gathering of people.

You know it's good, when you talk about forum threads and other forum members in the course of your conversations with people in your 'real life'.

It has my wife asking me, 'Okay, so tell again exactly who this Leslie is?'

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
This is the first forum I have been a part of where I am one of the younger members. The forums I used to go to the members were tweenies and teens.

·
Registered
377 Posts
stevene9 said:
I just wanted to say that I have participated in many different kinds of forums for many different things, and this is without a doubt the friendliest forum with the most helpful and considerate participants. I have now had my Kindle for about a week, and I am still in awe of both the Kindle and my fellow Kindlers. I thank you all for providing such a great experience.

Steve
Ditto. I couldn't agree more - everyone here is so polite, and that is a very rare thing indeed when it comes to internet conversations these days. I am constantly amazed at how snarky, rude, and just downright mean and vicious a lot of people are on the internet. This board is such a welcome respite from all of that nastiness out there. It leads me to theorize that people who love to read are just really nice people! Perhaps because empathizing with the protagonists in the books is similar to empathizing with one's fellow peoples, and being empathetic leads to treating other people the way oneself would like to be treated? Dunno. Just dang glad I found this board and am getting to meet all you nice folks!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
I am in agreement. This is definitely the friendliest and easiest to use forum I have ever been a part of. The best part about the MODs is they don't make you feel stupid and everyone is patient to help teach those who need it. I feel as though I am part of a family, not just a discussion board. Even with all our varied ages, backgrounds, etc. everyone gets along!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I believe this environment is what Leslie wanted for us Kindlers. Everyone who agree with her is here.  :D Thanks to Harvey, mods, and everyone, we can keep this place that way.  :D

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
I can recommend another extremely friendly message board. It started years ago with Big Brother 1. If you want to talk TV, that's the place for you. But anything and everything (and I do mean anything and everything) is talked about there. Very friendly. (And well-moderated there too.) It's TVClubHouse. Take a look around it.

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/index.php

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
I made a joke about Harry Potter earlier in this thread, but I'm going to post my thoughts about this board now.

I've had a wonderful time in the two weeks I've been here.

Everyone - from the mods to the members - are so friendly, giving, and great to talk to.

I've joined quite a few boards over the years, and my posting activity is usually pretty inconsistent - but I check and post on Kindleboards every day. Even though I'm a member of several other forums, this is the first one I've joined that's about books. I am having a blast talking to everyone about the Kindle, accessories, and especially our favorite reads.

I really love it here. It feels like home.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Sandpiper said:
I can recommend another extremely friendly message board. It started years ago with Big Brother 1. If you want to talk TV, that's the place for you. But anything and everything (and I do mean anything and everything) is talked about there. Very friendly. (And well-moderated there too.) It's TVClubHouse. Take a look around it.

http://www.tvclubhouse.com/index.php
But don't you dare leave us! Yes, I mean you! All of you.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts