Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
OMG - it jumps right out at you.  Cannot believe that was released . . . . WOW!    :eek:

And since I think that spelling is fundamental to a good written piece, I would not even pick up this book after seeing this video. 

Lilith

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I think there was only one that I noticed.
Starts with S and ends with N?
(Oh no! Pop quiz!)

ETA: I have a really nasty habit of seeing some little problem whenever a thread like this happens, and completely missing some really big issue that everyone else sees.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lilith said:
OMG - it jumps right out at you. Cannot believe that was released . . . . WOW! :eek:

And since I think that spelling is fundamental to a good written piece, I would not even pick up this book after seeing this video.

Lilith
I burst out laughing when I saw it. So much for gaining my interest.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
Slide #2 -- Put your proof-reading hat on.
I guess they didn't use a word processor for the next originally. Any decent spellchecker would have picked it up.

To be honest, I wasn't paying close attention in the first five seconds. I mean, seriously. Who makes such an error right off the bat?

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Oh, that is sad. It's a common misspelling but... in the first few seconds of a book trailer. Ouch!

I would be SO embarrassed.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
It's a beautiful trailer (other than the message that beautiful women are evil) but when you open with a mistake like that you'll have people snickering, not intrigued.
Like you, I laughed.

I am pretty sure that is NOT the reaction they were going for.

·
Registered
632 Posts
It's just one word.  :)  

I would have preferred more of a description than what the seven deadly sins are, in the video, however.  If you want to catch my attention enough to buy one of the books, maybe a glance at one of the characters?  Also, I wasn't clear if it was one book with a bunch of stories or 7 different books.  So that would have been nice as well.

·
Registered
5,262 Posts
Kathleen Valentine said:
Slide #2 -- Put your proof-reading hat on.
99% of the people who read it won't know the difference. From an artistic standpoint, it wasn't too bad. Except the lust chick should have shown more cleavage IMO. ;D

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Maybe "most" people won't catch it, but a certain number will--and they won't be likely to buy the novel.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
There is 'a rat' in separate.

AND the darn thing was too long! Too SLOW. (Just my opinion, mind...)  :)

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
Archer said:

AND the darn thing was too long! Too SLOW. (Just my opinion, mind...) :)
I used to have a teacher who would say you were a rat if you didn't know how to spell separate. :D

·
Registered
20,399 Posts
Archer said:

AND the darn thing was too long! Too SLOW. (Just my opinion, mind...) :)
gotta agree archer, the transitions seem to assume a very slow reading rate. "there are seven that have been named....." [long pause] "deadly"

I immediately thought, "no i think more than 7 sins have been identified."

·
Registered
102 Posts
"A rat in separate" - love it.  Aside from the missing rat I thought the trailer was quite good.  Proofreading's not what it used to be. I grew up helping to proofread in my dad's office and am astounded by what slips through nowadays.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I kind of liked it, as trailers go.  I haven't watched many book trailers.  I agree, though, a lot of people wouldn't catch the misspelling.

Betsy

1 - 20 of 22 Posts