Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I download books to my computor from Amazon to transfer to me Kindle (when it ever gets here)...

Cell service in my house is lousy (can barely use a Verizon card inside and it is slow as molassess - I know Sprint will be worse since they are B side). I could take my kindle outside and find some decent signal... but it is cold here (and will be when Kindle arrives)...

B

·
0 Posts
Once your Kindle is registered (is it yet?) then you can simply log on to Amazon and buy Kindle books  straight to your computer.  You then connect your Kindle to your PC using the USB connector.  Your PC will recognize your Kindle as a "mobile device" and you can move the books over to it.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Jim...

When I purcahsed a few books, no option came up to send it to my computor (just the kindle I don't have yet)...

Is that an option that may not show up until they actually send it to me?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TM said:
How do I download books to my computor from Amazon to transfer to me Kindle (when it ever gets here)...

Cell service in my house is lousy (can barely use a Verizon card inside and it is slow as molassess - I know Sprint will be worse since they are B side). I could take my kindle outside and find some decent signal... but it is cold here (and will be when Kindle arrives)...
TM, you will choose send it to the Kindle. It will be in your media library online and when you get the Kindle you will be able to move it to the Kindle.

And by all means, don't be afraid to ask your questions, someone here will have the answer, often because they had to solve the same problem!

Betsy

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay - I have them in my media library - how can i get them to my computor from there...  I know whispernet is going to be an issue in the house, and really hate to go outside and make Kindle freeze to find a good service spot.

B

·
0 Posts
Hrrrmmmm.... I'm encountering the same thing.

LESLIE!  You're needed here!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TM said:
Okay - I have them in my media library - how can i get them to my computor from there... I know whispernet is going to be an issue in the house, and really hate to go outside and make Kindle freeze to find a good service spot.
If you go to Manage Your Kindle and then scroll down, you'll see a complete list of everything you've purchased "Your orders and individual charges". To the right there's a dropdown pick box allowing you to pick where to send the item "Download/Send to" and when you select the pick box, you can choose "Computer". It will download the file to wherever your default download location is, just like any other file from the Internet. You probably want to create a folder for Kindle downloads and move it into there.

Hope this helps.

Betsy

(sorry I'm not Leslie, LOL!)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Also, in the same area, there should be a little + sign by each individual item.  You can click on that and it will expand the item to include buttons for download to PC or to Kindle.  Again, this is in the "Manage Your Kindle" section of the Kindle Store page...

Betsy

B

·
0 Posts
Thanks, Betsy.  I had never done it, and LR is tied up at work (did I mention she moonlights as a magician's assistant?) and couldn't be reached to tell me exactly how to do it.

And you're nicer than Leslie. :)  (She is soooo gonna kick my butt when she reads that. ;) )

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks so much Betsy! I really aprreciated it... I was afarid that whenever Kindle gets here, I would eiother need to take him outside to find a good signal spot... or take him to town to download my books (and i want them instantly)....

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Thanks, Betsy. I had never done it, and LR is tied up at work (did I mention she moonlights as a magician's assistant?) and couldn't be reached to tell me exactly how to do it.

And you're nicer than Leslie. :) (She is soooo gonna kick my butt when she reads that. ;) )
No, no, no, no I'm not nicer than Leslie don't get me in trouble nooooooooooooo

Betsy
:-[

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
TM said:
Thanks so much Betsy! I really aprreciated it... I was afarid that whenever Kindle gets here, I would eiother need to take him outside to find a good signal spot... or take him to town to download my books (and i want them instantly)....
Yes, we all want instant gratification!

Betsy

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Betsy the Quilter said:
Yes, we all want instant gratification!

Betsy
Thanks again... whikle my Kindle may like a trip intotown, when he comes, I want to be able to just stay home and play with him, not go to town or wander around outside in the cold looking for signal.

I

·
0 Posts
After bouncing around in the back of a cold truck all day, i am sure your Kindle will appreciate that. :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Hrrrmmmm.... I'm encountering the same thing.

LESLIE! You're needed here!
Hey! I missed all this, sorry...I was being nice to mom and dad. And dealing with a passport crisis in New York city.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Thanks, Betsy. I had never done it, and LR is tied up at work (did I mention she moonlights as a magician's assistant?) and couldn't be reached to tell me exactly how to do it.

And you're nicer than Leslie. :) (She is soooo gonna kick my butt when she reads that. ;) )
Grrrr. Kick butt! Kick butt!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts