1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
You don't have to make a payment for 3 months.  What's the problem?  LOL. 

That is absurd.
deb

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NO, I had to pass that one up!  I have noticed that some sellers are selling them at these crazy prices. I saw one last night for 749.00!  Surely no one will pay these prices when all they need to do is go to Amazon and get it for 359.00.  I am still in shock!

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
I think there are K1's available thru Amazon at a significant discount. . .around $250 or so. . .and these are Amazon sellers which would make me a little more comfortable than some random e-bay person. (Not knocking e-bay. . . .it's just not my thing.) Also, did you check out the KindleBoards marketplace: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/board,5.0.html

Ann

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
LADennis said:
NO, I had to pass that one up! I have noticed that some sellers are selling them at these crazy prices. I saw one last night for 749.00! Surely no one will pay these prices when all they need to do is go to Amazon and get it for 359.00. I am still in shock!
There are people who are not in the US and they really want a Kindle and thus are forced to go the eBay route. It's a shame that sellers are out there with price-gouging prices.

L

·
Registered
530 Posts
When the K1 first came out it was common to see them on Ebay for $1400 because they were backordered so many months.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Could there be a misprint? If you go into the sellers past transactions, he has been consistently selling the K2 for $360 to $375.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Unless an image of The Virgin Mary miraculously shows up as a screen saver, I'm thinking "no."

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
A couple weeks ago I surfed around eBay looking at all kinds of electronic toys. There were several $2K + Kindles for sale. I think it's a matter of a few sellers hoping for just one gullible buyer. The success of the Nigerian scams prove there are some naive people with open wallets out there...

·
Super Moderator
67,325 Posts
P T Barnum:  "There's a sucker born every minute."

Ann

·
Registered
446 Posts
I quickly did a search for completed listings and it looks like about 50 or so Kindles have sold on eBay for between $400 to $359.  Which is over the Amazon price, but it seems no one has bit on the super high ridiculous prices yet, which is a very good thing!!

Rachel

·
Registered
139 Posts
Note he is only shipping to the US >> I notified him of this no doubt greivious mistake with the following note:

"You do know that the K2 is not only back in stock but at 359$ right? The only way this is going to sell at that price is if it is signed by a very, very well established author. Even then I have my doubts."

While it may be in vain, i am feeling feisty this morning :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ladynightshade said:
Note he is only shipping to the US >> I notified him of this no doubt greivious mistake with the following note:

"You do know that the K2 is not only back in stock but at 359$ right? The only way this is going to sell at that price is if it is signed by a very, very well established author. Even then I have my doubts."

While it may be in vain, i am feeling feisty this morning :)
I'm sure he knows and I'm sure he has his reasons for doing this... find a sucker, sell it internationally, or some other less than moral reason.

I think the overpriced K would go well with the $1300 Twillight saga he's selling.

[edit] He's selling 15 sets of Twilight in one listing! Can you spell HOT? E-fencing is big business.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
mwvickers said:
Not sure what that is.
E-fencing is selling stolen goods online.

I admit I jumped to conclusions and made some wild assumptions. But ya gotta wonder when someone has a dozen Kindles and 15 sets of Twilight.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts