Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 438 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK OK this may be really wishful thinking.....but Amazon's policy is that they charge your credit cards when they ship a product.........and MORE than ONE person here has already said their credit card was charged today.......including mine.......any chance they're shipping early as a "thank you for loving kindle" bonus surprise??? 8)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
You never know! That could be one of their surprises!!  :eek:

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was going to call Shenanegans until I logged into my amazon account and noticed the same thing.

Shipment #1: Shipping Soon
We are preparing these items for shipment and this portion of your order cannot be canceled or changed. Need information on returning an item?

My card hasn't been charged yet though, and the arrival date still shows as the 25th.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Check again.  I checked mine about a half hour ago and there had not been any change.  Just checked and not it says Item shipping soon.!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Mine also says item being prepared for shipping, but my credit card has not yet been charged.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Still no change, and now it's almost time to leave for work and I won't be able to check for a while  :-\
I think I'm starting to hyperventilate.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am still "Items not yet shipped." I've already checked twice this morning and I have only been up 30 minutes.

L

·
Registered
108 Posts
I'm glad I'm not the only one!!  I need to make my husband read this thread (and many others on this site) so he can see I'm not crazy!!  All of us Kindle Owners/soon to be K2 owners, are obsessed!!!
I too have checked Amazon, and my credit card charges many times already this morning!!!

·
Registered
921 Posts
I checked my Amazon account and it says the Kindle is preparing for shipping so you can't change the order.  It's funny because my Amazon cover (which has the same next day delivery) still has the option to change, so it's not ready to ship yet.  I guess it may still get here at the same time and probably doesn't require as much prep for shipping (who knows the reAasoning).  Anyway it's cool to finally see it out of open order and something is or seems to be, moving.

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
Still no change this morning :(   

Not Yet Shipped:
1 item - delivery estimate: February 25, 2009 

No credit card to check becausw it was paid using gift cards

I'll check as often as I can and hope I see a change.

Early ship would be very nice...I'm off Mon, Tues, and Wed

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am going to merge this thread with the "ship early" thread since we're all talking about the same thing.

Leslie
Global Mod

·
Registered
921 Posts
Yeah sorry about that Leslie.  I was so excited to see that something has changed on the account that I didn't think to look at the threads.  I just started a new one.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Aaaackkk!  Mine says "being prepared for shipping/cannot change."  The reason I say "aaaackkk!" is that I chose free super saver shipping with a ship date of March 2, but I planned to change it to 2-day.  

Now I can't switch to a faster service.  Why/why/why do I procrastinate????

·
Registered
182 Posts
BK said:
Aaaackkk! Mine says "being prepared for shipping/cannot change." The reason I say "aaaackkk!" is that I chose free super saver shipping with a ship date of March 2, but I planned to change it to 2-day.

Now I can't switch to a faster service. Why/why/why do I procrastinate????
I was going to switch the ship-to address to the hotel I'll be at next week. However, I didn't want to change prematurely if it was going to get here today. I guess I'll have to wait until I get home next week to meet my new Kindle.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
kevin63 said:
Yeah sorry about that Leslie. I was so excited to see that something has changed on the account that I didn't think to look at the threads. I just started a new one.
Not a problem, Kevin! We are all so excited we are on the edge of our seats...

L

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I ordered my mom a K2 on the 21st.  My status changed also.  Her husband is giving it to her for their anniversary in April.   I have no clue how I'm going to be able to restrain myself until April if it shows up next week. 
I think I'll be a nice daughter ;D and open it up and make sure it's fully charged. 
deb

Edit: Since tomorrow is the 21st, my above statement is wrong.  Gesh.  I ordered on the 17th.  Sorry.

1 - 20 of 438 Posts