Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

*sigh*

It just got its pretty new skin and cover and now it has to be replaced. I hope I can get the skin off of it without ruining it.... The good news is Amazon is replacing it and shipping a new one by one day shipping. The bad news is that one day shipping isn't really one day shipping when you call at 4pm on a thursday afternoon and its not scheduled to be delivered until Monday. What am I going to do without my kindle until Monday?!?!?!
:'(

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know.... nothing that I know of.  It was in my bag in its cover.... I was using it 2 hours ago and all was well.  I am a bit worried because the upper back left corner has a crack in it, but it has had that for a couple of months so it doesn't really relate to the screen issue.  But I am worried they are going to say I did it by throwing it or something and then not holding up the warranty .... but they didn't ask me about how it happened so maybe they don't care.  LOL 

·
Registered
206 Posts
OMG, I had a dream last night that my Kindle broke! That the screen was shattered like a window.  :'(

I'm so sorry this happened to you!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Did you have a date from hell and your Kindle rebelled?

So sorry for your loss...

L

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
So sorry patchymama - maybe you can get caught up on all the things you have been putting off, in fact get ahead so you won't feel guilty about kindling  ;D

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Yes - use the time to catch up. Actually you can still haunt the KB forums; I find that I spend more time here on the forums than actually reading on my Kindle! I keep assuming that this camaraderie will no longer seem so delightful and intense and then I'll get to reading more. Got my Kindle on March 18 & so far I am still on the KB forums.
But I am very sorry for your loss.  :'(  I can only imagine the sadness. Hope Amazon does not give you any trouble.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I'm so sorry!  I hope all works out with the replacement.

I just took a decalgirl skin off today to put on a different one, I can't imagine being to reuse one...  it took a lot of pulling to get it off. 

·
Registered
11,722 Posts
That's heartbreaking to see.

As for re-using the skin, you probably can if you take it off carefully. If it stretches out too much, break out your hair dryer. Trust me, it works wonders by shrinking it back to size. (That's my experience with DecalGirl, I'm guessing it would be the same)

·
Registered
552 Posts
That would be a big disaster in my book.  Amazed you are taking it so well.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Oh no!  I'm so sorry that your K is broken, but very glad to hear that Amazon is taking care of you.  I agree that you should use the time to catch up on all those little projects/things around the house while you are "Kindle-less".

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I am so sorry about your Kindle and like the others glad Amazon is taking care of you -- even if it feels like snail mail.  Before you know it Monday will be here and all will be golden smiles again.  Blessings.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Oh, that is so sad. And your K still looks so pretty in it's skin. I'm sorry you have to go the weekend without your little buddy. I'm glad it's getting replaced, I hope the new one arrives safe and sound and quickly.

You can always waist spend time hunting for Easter Eggs on KB.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I'm so sorry about your Kindle.
You will have to spend your time looking for the Easter eggs here at KB. Hope you don't have problems removing the skin.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I didn't want to look... The horror!

Glad a replacement is on the way so quickly.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts