Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just taken my first batch of books into the local book retailer (WHSmiths, for those in the UK know) and it's now on sale, in their shop.

Doing a signing session there next month.

Can't stop grinning!!!!!!  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

·
Registered
334 Posts
That's wonderful! Congratulations! I know Waterstones embrace Indie print books (I'm assuming you're Indie) but didn't realise WH Smiths did as well.

I wish you luck with your signing!

·
Registered
918 Posts
It seems Morgan's life is full of one-and-done moments.  :)

This needs to be fixed.

Morgan, I promise you'll have to file taxes next year.  :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
How fantastic! Well done - I hadn't even thought of WH Smith's.
I'm particularly interested as I gave a paperback copy of one of my novels to a friend yesterday and she asked me to sign it for her, and I couldn't think what to write on it! She suggested if I ever did a full-scale book signing I might have to think what to write on 100s of copies - it seems unlikely but you never know. Anyway, I hope you've got some wording ready for your book signing.

·
Registered
640 Posts
As well you should! And I for one am doing the HAPPY DANCE in your honor tonight!
Bailey

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Glenn Bullion said:
It seems Morgan's life is full of one-and-done moments. :)

This needs to be fixed.

Morgan, I promise you'll have to file taxes next year. :)
Glenn, if I've earned enough to pay taxes, I'll buy you a beer! Hope you're not too thirsty....

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
cecilia_writer said:
How fantastic! Well done - I hadn't even thought of WH Smith's.
I'm particularly interested as I gave a paperback copy of one of my novels to a friend yesterday and she asked me to sign it for her, and I couldn't think what to write on it! She suggested if I ever did a full-scale book signing I might have to think what to write on 100s of copies - it seems unlikely but you never know. Anyway, I hope you've got some wording ready for your book signing.
Word to the wide, here. Signed books are worth more with simply a signature and a date. A personal message reduces the resale value of the book, especially if it ends up being a sought after one.

I make this clear to everyone, and if they want a personal message, I aske them to tell me exactly what they want.

Obviously, with close friends, it doesn't work that way. But close friends are easy - you simply discuss the friendship, in a way that is personal to you both. Admittedly, as I teacher, I used to spend countless hours trying to say something about my pupils on school reports, so I do have more practice... but if they are a friend, say something about the friendship! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts