Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This summer, KBoards and TheCheapEbook.com are teaming up to bring you an awesome ebook event: The Summer Sampler!

This June and July readers will read ebook samples, answer a multiple choice question to prove they did so, fill out a quick form to tell us and the author what they thought, and enter to win gift cards to Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

How much in giftcards? We are aiming for $500 a week given to 35 different readers. There will also be end of the month prizes. Readers can win by reading the most samples in a week (10 top readers each week), or by random draw if they read and rate any ebook samples in a week. Grand total, there will be 175 to 350 prizes given out, depending on if we get enough books for 4 weeks or 8 weeks.

Authors can't sign up, yet, but readers can! By pre-registering for the event, you help us in planning how many readers are interested, and you will get a catalog of the books Memorial Day Weekend so you can get a jump start on downloading the samples.

TheCheapEbook.com's readers did this event last fall with 89 books. They had a blast, still bug me about when I'm going to run the next one, and loved finding books they never in a million years would have considered until they had to read the ebook sample. We had a few readers do every single book, and others read and rate only a handful. There is no minimum number of ebook samples you have to read and rate, this is all for fun.

So if you would like to have some fun, meet new books, and win gift cards, make sure to sign up as an Early Reader for The Summer Sampler. It just wouldn't be a blast without you!

http://thecheapebook.com/live/summer-sampler-early-reader-registration/

**The Summer Sampler is being hosted on TheCheapEbook.com, but is co-sponsored by KBoards.com to increase reading this summer and help readers find new books. We also will help authors get valuable feedback from the people who matter most: readers. The event will be paid for by author sign ups, managed by the staff at TheCheapEbook.com, and open to any reader who can legally accept an emailed gift card from either Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com. The full rules of the giveaway will be available when the event starts, and chances of winning gift cards depend on the number of readers entering that week. In the event of a tie, and for random draws, Random.org will be used. Any questions, ask here or PM me or email me at [email protected] Thanks for reading all of this!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Sounds like fun, I signed up.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Can't figure out how to sign up. Do you register with site to sign up? I tried to register to site but never received email with password.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fixed the form so now everyone can see it, you don't need to register with TheCheapebook. I had that setting initially because we just migrated from an older domain and we were working on reminding our core reader to re-register. I'd honestly find it a little annoying to feel like I have to register with a site. However, once the event starts, if you ARE registered with the site, you can go back and change your entries/save your progress. I can't make that feature for people who aren't members.

If you didn't get an email, email me at [email protected] with the user name you tried to register. I can go in and change your password manually to something generic and then you can change it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts