Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm not just trying to pad my post total . . . I swear!

Just wanted to give an introduction. I'm thomashton or in non-Internet speak, Thomas (Tom) Ashton. I live in Cache Valley, Utah (Northern Utah near Idaho) on a small hobby farm with goats, chickens, bees, geese, ducks, a dog, guinea fowl, a son 7 years old), daughter (2 years old), and my wife.

For work I am a wildlife biologist and a part-time soldier with the Army National Guard. I am a platoon leader (lieutenant) in a great unit and lucky to be able to support the best soldiers in the world--the US Special Forces. We are an Airborne unit and get to jump nearly every month. I lead a great group of men that all specialize in engineering who build up new areas for the regular sodliers to come into. We are first on the ground and first to build up a location. We trust each other with our lives and love our jobs.

On the civilian side I tinker on my hobby farm and study impacts various projects will have on sensitive, threatened, and endangered wildlife species. I write terribly long, detailed, boring reports no one wants to read (including myself!), but hopefully it does some good.

Here is a picture of my family the night before I left earlier this year for a couple months with the Army.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey Tom, welcome again and thanks for the pic. We also have a "what do we look like?" thread in the photo gallery so you might want to share it there, too!

And I'll never, ever accuse anyone of padding their post count...LOL.  ::)

L

1 - 6 of 6 Posts