Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
We have a Subway here is our small town which was owned by a local, very nice family.  We loved it so much we ate there a minimum of 3 time a week, sometime more!!  Then, sadly, about 3 months ago, they sold the Subway to some foreigners who treat customers shabbily, talk on the phone while ringing you up and they do not keep the place as clean as it once was.  Hubby and I felt ill after eating there one day after the sell and we have not been back since....I had Subway withdraw and feel that I need a support group every once in a awile when I remember the "good ol' days".....

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bosslady said:
Quiznos opened 23 locations in our region about 3 years ago. There are only 3 left. Subway Rules!!
I luv ya, but I don't care for Subway and consider Quizno's the undisputed best "fast food" chain of them all. Yes, they are more expensive. And worth every penny. And by the time you add as much meat to a Subway sandwich as you automatically get on a Quiznos, the price is the same.

If I liked eating or paying for a truckload of filler iceberg lettuce on my sandwich, I might apreciate Subway more.

On the other hand, I will give Subway this: The Sweet Onion dressing is terrific.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We haven't had Port of Subs anywhere I've ever lived.

Hard to believe it's better than Quiznos, though. ;)

·
Registered
657 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
I luv ya, but I don't care for Subway and consider Quizno's the undisputed best "fast food" chain of them all. Yes, they are more expensive. And worth every penny.
JIMBO! I swear you are my long lost brother. I hate subway and love Quizno's because of the quality. I love their prime rib sandwhich. Subway always seems to use cheap deli meat. It is sent to their store pre sliced ewww

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
chobitz said:
JIMBO! I swear you are my long lost brother. I hate subway and love Quizno's because of the quality. I love their prime rib sandwhich. Subway always seems to use cheap deli meat. It is sent to their store pre sliced ewww
I modified and softened my earlier post that you quoted. But it doesn't change my sentiment. Go back and re-read. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh.  Do you happen to have the other half of this medallion?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bacardi Jim said:
I modified and softened my earlier post that you quoted. But it doesn't change my sentiment. Go back and re-read. ;)
Hater

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Folks,

The sub/hero/hoagie/grinder/Italians discussion that started in the 25 Random Things Thread seemed to warrant its own discussion so I split it out and moved it here.

Thanks for understanding and keeping things on track.

Leslie
Global Mod

PS. To do my part to keep the discussion going, I have always preferred locally owned shops that make those long sandwiches that go by various names. In Troy, NY my favorites came from Big Dom's Subs. Here in Maine, I am partial to Italian cold cut Italians from Amato's but it took me a long time to develop a taste for them, because they are very different from the long sandwiches served anywhere else, as near as I can tell.

L

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Our thread jacking got jacked!  :)

We have a Quiznos now.  I just ate at Sub Way last week.  I liked it.  They made it the way i wanted it and the staff was very nice.  It was inside out Wal-mart so I think it cost more than it should have though.

I have to check out the Q next.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I also prefer Quiznos over Subway. I've eaten Subway many more times. I just find Quiznos taste more like real food.

The last time we went to our local Subway, two of the staff were talking about rolling "one" (i.e. whacky baccy) on a Subway tray. That was the last time we went to the store. It's more about the staff being too stupid to know what not to talk about in front of customers than anything they may have used the tray for.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Its Port of Subs all the way!!
I'm so sad that Port of Subs is a NV chain (at least, I've never seen it anywhere else), because while I'm at college I can't get any! It's hands down the best sub shop there is. It's far superior to Subway. Someone once asked my mom the difference between Subway and Port of Subs, and she replied, "Port of Subs has flavor."

Quiznos comes in second, but excessive snow recently caused the roof of my local Quiznos to collapse, so I can't get any of that either. It's very frustrating.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
here is my favorite:

·
Registered
657 Posts
intinst said:
here is my favorite:
Ours sucks. They always burn the rolls when they toast them.
I grew up in Philly and I miss hoagies. No subs can compete and there is a difference. Hoagies have meat , cheese and veggies like subs but they also have oil, mayo and oregano. That makes the difference.
I miss:
http://www.leeshoagiehouse.com/index.htm

Of course cheesestakes own hoagies..

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
intinst said:
here is my favorite:
Firehouse can vary greatly from place to place, I also think they have cut back on their meat in the last year.

We had a Quiznos right down the black from my office, went there in Tuesday and had lunch and everything was fine, went back on Friday and they were gone. The ovens, the tables everything was gone. Now all we have nearby is Subway, so I take my lunch to work. :) But I do like Cubans.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts