Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2071 Posts

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We decided a while back to retire the original thousand words a day club thread and start a brand new thread for 2013, so here it is:

Anyway, I haven't faltered in my thousand words a day goal yet and wrote 1087 words on New Year's Day and 1377 words today.

So how did you do in the new year?

·
Registered
270 Posts
Making it so far. About 1100 the first day and just just shy of 1K yesterday, so I'm hoping everything averages out ...  :-[

·
Registered
56 Posts
I did 4,550 words on New Years day, I did 7,000 words on January Second, I edited 5,000 words of other writing. 

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Hey, it's the third and I've got just over 3000 words done- yesterday. I guess I'm in.

I find that I might write several thousand one day, then not have the time to write the next- do you guys actually write everyday?

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Can I half join?  I'm aiming for 500 words a day.  ;D

Actually, I'm hoping that my average over the year will be 1,000 a day or higher - but 500 a day is easier to play catch up on if required and still keep on course.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I'm aiming for 715 words a day--so if I write every day, I'll end up with 5,000 words a week. Not quite as ambitious as 1,000 words a day, but better than what I was doing before (which was 0).

Yesterday, I got 198. Better than 0.

So far today, I'm at 1,259!

·
Registered
649 Posts
I admire people who can write everyday.  I just can't.  Too much clutter in mind  :D  I need to be relaxed and in the mood to write and that cannot be forced/planned.  This means I go days without writing a single word, but on the upside, when I do get in the mood, I can write quite a bit.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Is it possible to catch up or to count other type of writing (like the day job writing?) because if it isn't I'm 4000 words late as it is!

·
Registered
750 Posts
rubyscribe said:
I admire people who can write everyday. I just can't. Too much clutter in mind :D I need to be relaxed and in the mood to write and that cannot be forced/planned. This means I go days without writing a single word, but on the upside, when I do get in the mood, I can write quite a bit.
Not counted in my 1000 words a day are my Morning Pages. Get all the cruft out, stop thinking about it, get to the good stuff.

·
Registered
121 Posts
1,437 and I'm calling it a night. Time to put some effort into my day job.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Yippee!  I'll be here as much as I can. I'm editing my Nano book for release in Feb... wrote 5899 words of the sequel during last two weeks of Dec... and scribbled down first chapter (in some form of shorthand!) of a new novel this morning while I was vacationing with family along the oh-so-gorgeous northern California coast! Happy New Year to all and a great one!

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I did not write on the 1st. Between yesterday and today I wrote 8,000 + words.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Fell behind checking in during Dec but I'll try to be good.

Jan 1st: 1175
Jan 2nd: 4126
Jan 3rd: 4281

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
So far so good for 2013! I started on the next installment of my Twisted Souls series, and it feels good to be back on the writing wagon again.  :)

Jan. 1st: 2034
Jan. 2nd: 1049
Jan. 3rd: 1179

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congrats to everybody who made their 2013 word goals so far. And don't worry if you can't manage thousand words every day or if her daily goal is lower. The important thing is to get the words down and this thread is supposed to motivate us all.

Anyway, I had a really good writing day today and managed 2604 words.

1 - 20 of 2071 Posts