Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I woke up this morning and two of my ebooks have been pulled for sale from Amazon.com. I checked my competitors as well as ebooks in other categories and they have also been pulled down too. There are ebooks in the top 100 charts that have been pulled too. I checked my KDP account and the ebook status is 'live', but when I click the link to the ebook on Amazon.com, there is no buy box for the Kindle edition -- only for the paperback edition.

Has this happened to you too? What is going on?

·
Registered
411 Posts
I seem to have at least one missing. I believe there has been an ongoing problem over the last week with missing books...

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just checked. Three kindle editions missing. Annoyed, because one is a good seller. The problem seems to be only in the USA--the books are all accounted  for in both kindle and paperback in  the UK.

·
Registered
411 Posts
This seems to be massive. Just checked other friends' books and everyone seems to have at least one missing.

·
Banned
2,208 Posts
I've only checked my better-selling titles, but they're all okay.

·
Registered
411 Posts
At least the 2 I have paid promos for this weekend are still there. For now. Yuk. This is really not great.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Just did a general search for historical romance, one one page almost half the kindle books were missing.... Wouldn't it be nice if Amazon just gave us some  direction here?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Books are also not showing for me. I tweeted about it, and Amazon Help replied for my tweet.
From their tweet/reply, I understand that it is available in respective local Amazon. For example, if you are checking from India you should use amazon.in instead of amazon.com

·
Registered
411 Posts
qualitypoint said:
My Books are also not showing for me. I tweeted about it, and Amazon Help replied for my tweet.
From their tweet/reply, I understand that it is available in respective local Amazon. For example, if you are checking from India you should use amazon.in instead of amazon.com
They are misunderstanding what you are telling them. It is not the 'not available' message under the buy button that we are seeing today (which is normal when viewing from abroad)--there is no kindle edition at all, it is missing completely, as is the buy button.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just checked too and 3 of my kindle books are missing. Their paperback and audiobook versions are still up but the kindle versions are all gone. And one of them is my bestseller. What's going on?????

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's odd is that I have another 2 books that are strictly ONLY Kindle versions; and those are still up for sale. But the other 3 kindle books that are missing, I also offer in paperback versions. And one of them is offered in audiobook format too. Could this be an Amazon problem with them merging KDP and Createspace? The 3 missing kindle books were made into paperbacks through Createspace.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I wish they would just let us know. I've found a couple more authors on Twitter with similar problems. This is not a little glitch...it is a huge, serious one.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
HarperWhitmore said:
I have 15 books with no buy button now. And I'm advertising them through AMS. This happened a while ago and took about a weeek to get sorted last time.
If your books are unavailable, make sure you take a screen shot of your AMS dashboard that shows your impressions, clicks, etc. and pause your ads until your books are available again. If you don't do this, you will be charged for clicks even though your books aren't available. There is no point in paying for clicks if your book isn't available for sale.

Anyone who uses AMS ads should be taking at least one screen shot everyday.

·
Registered
411 Posts
OK...here's the latest. A friend of mine, an author in the UK, experienced the same thing...so he used his US proxy server and the kindle book is indeed still there! So the other poster further up may have been told correctly that it is if you are in another country. However, it doesn't explain why you can see some of your books normally displayed with kindle editions and some you can't. Just random and weird.

G

·
AmesburyArcher said:
OK...here's the latest. A friend of mine, an author in the UK, experienced the same thing...so he used his US proxy server and the kindle book is indeed still there! So the other poster further up may have been told correctly that it is if you are in another country. However, it doesn't explain why you can see some of your books normally displayed with kindle editions and some you can't. Just random and weird.
I'm using a US VPN and I'm in Greece on a UK account. When I transfer to an EU VPN I get the same issue. Two books missing.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts