Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's read it? Off or on Kindle? Tons of great reviews on Amazon. Greg keeps the book page updated about his organization and what he's doing. I'm related to Greg. His maternal grandfather and my father were brothers making Greg's mother and me first counsins. Was a little strange to know a few people in the book first hand. And there's my last name (not common) on page 45 of the print edition.

Three Cups of Tea[br]

(Added link to Kindle Store - Admin.)

·
Registered
829 Posts
I've downloaded the sample but haven't gotten to it yet.....  I am about to start Testimony so maybe after that one....

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There have been some comments in the Amazon reviews that the writing isn't the best.  Oliver Relin actually wrote it.  I might agree.  But then some stated they really do like it.  Any way, it's the only book I have read that screamed "movie movie movie" at me.  I heard from Greg's mom that there has been some talk of it.  For certain, I see Tom Hanks as Greg. 

·
Registered
223 Posts
I enjoyed this book a great deal.  I listened to it as an audio book earlier this year, and I have a great deal of respect for the work Greg is doing.  May he (and the world) continue to build schools (especially for girls), and in the process, work for peace among all nations. 

·
Registered
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
An interesting tidbit I hadn't noticed myself, but learned from Greg. Notice the difference in subtitles between hardcover and paperback editions. Greg wanted the Promote Peace subtitle for the hardcover. Publisher said Fight Terrorism would sell better. Greg agreed to that subtitle for hardcover as long as Promote Peace subtitle would be used on hopefully forthcoming paperback edition.

Hardcover
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations...One School at a Time

Paperback
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

·
Registered
223 Posts
That's very interesting, Sandpiper. Thanks for sharing that with us. I knew publishers had a lot of clout, but I'm glad Greg got "promote peace" in the paperback copy. ;)

Sandpiper said:
An interesting tidbit I hadn't noticed myself, but learned from Greg. Notice the difference in subtitles between hardcover and paperback editions. Greg wanted the Promote Peace subtitle for the hardcover. Publisher said Fight Terrorism would sell better. Greg agreed to that subtitle for hardcover as long as Promote Peace subtitle would be used on hopefully forthcoming paperback edition.

Hardcover
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Fight Terrorism and Build Nations...One School at a Time

Paperback
Three Cups of Tea: One Man's Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time

·
Registered
447 Posts
Sandpiper said:
Who's read it? Off or on Kindle? Tons of great reviews on Amazon. Greg keeps the book page updated about his organization and what he's doing. I'm related to Greg. His maternal grandfather and my father were brothers making Greg's mother and me first counsins. Was a little strange to know a few people in the book first hand. And there's my last name (not common) on page 45 of the print edition.

Three Cups of Tea[br]

(Added link to Kindle Store - Admin.)
I read it 3 months ago on Kindle. I read 8 chapters before I could put it down. I liked it and bought my friend a DTB copy as she doesn't own a Kindle. Her daughter had the book as required reading at Northeastern and then she got to meet Greg after he gave a talk.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I read "Three Cups of Tea" prior to my Kindle.
Our book club had a very good discussion on this book.
I found it very interesting seeing inside a culture I really didn't know much about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts