Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone!

My name is Joe Konrath. Under the name JA Konrath I write the Lt. Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels thriller series. The books are a cross between the laughs of Janet Evanovich, Calr Hiaasen, Dave Barry, etc. and the scares of James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Jeff Deaver, etc.

So you laugh, then you lock your doors. ;D

Five of the books in the series are currently available on the Kindle:

Whiskey Sour by JA Konrath
Bloody Mary by JA Konrath
Rusty Nail by JA Konrath
Dirty Martini by JA Konrath
Fuzzy Navel by JA Konrath

I also write horror under the name Jack Kilborn. My novel, AFRAID, is also available on Kindle, for only $1.99.

Afraid by Jack Kilborn

On my website, I have free pdfs of three thriller novels, a short story collection, and a How to Get Published book. I also have another thriller that you can get for a 99 cent donation.

You can get them at www.JAKonrath.com

I'd love it if someone could review some of my free ebooks on the Kindle Boards.

I truly believe ebooks are the future of publishing, and am waiting for them to start providing extra content. How cool would it be to get an ebook with deleted chapters, author commentary, interviews, and bonus short stories?

It's coming. I guarantee it.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks for the intro Jack, Jon, JA...whomever you'd like to be here :p

I picked up Afraid...sounds right up my alley. I'll check out your website when I get a chance. Thanks for offering up some of your other work there. Also, do you feel a Cosmopolitan coming into your drink repertoire anytime soon? :p

Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Have you considered posting the free ebooks in MobiPocket format? It would be a lot easier for our members if they don't have to convert the PDFs individually (it's a pain and you often end up with a lot of formatting problems), you will get a lot more readers.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Jack Kilborn said:
Hi, everyone!

My name is Joe Konrath. Under the name JA Konrath I write the Lt. Jacqueline "Jack" Daniels thriller series. The books are a cross between the laughs of Janet Evanovich, Calr Hiaasen, Dave Barry, etc. and the scares of James Patterson, Patricia Cornwell, Jeff Deaver, etc.

So you laugh, then you lock your doors. ;D

Five of the books in the series are currently available on the Kindle:

Whiskey Sour by JA Konrath
Bloody Mary by JA Konrath
Rusty Nail by JA Konrath
Dirty Martini by JA Konrath
Fuzzy Navel by JA Konrath

I also write horror under the name Jack Kilborn. My novel, AFRAID, is also available on Kindle, for only $1.99.

Afraid by Jack Kilborn

On my website, I have free pdfs of three thriller novels, a short story collection, and a How to Get Published book. I also have another thriller that you can get for a 99 cent donation.

You can get them at www.JAKonrath.com

I'd love it if someone could review some of my free ebooks on the Kindle Boards.

I truly believe ebooks are the future of publishing, and am waiting for them to start providing extra content. How cool would it be to get an ebook with deleted chapters, author commentary, interviews, and bonus short stories?

It's coming. I guarantee it.
Welcome! was one of the first books I bought for my Kindle - loved it & the others are on my list of want-to-reads. And I've got downloaded too - ready for the mood for a good scare to strike. I've posted the info about your free offerings on your website a couple of times, glad to have you here & telling readers about them yourself!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Are the books in order in the list below? They look interesting and just the type of books I like to read, but I like to read the books in order. Thanks, Kathy

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Kathy said:
Are the books in order in the list below? They look interesting and just the type of books I like to read, but I like to read the books in order. Thanks, Kathy
From Wikipedia:

* Cherry Bomb (announced for 2009) - 6th in Jack Daniels series
* Afraid (2008) - Under the pseudonym Jack Kilborn
* Fuzzy Navel (2008) - 5th in Jack Daniels series ISBN 1401302807
* Dirty Martini (2007) - 4th in Jack Daniels series ISBN 1401302793
* Rusty Nail (2006) - 3rd in Jack Daniels series ISBN 140130088X
* Bloody Mary (2005) - 2nd in Jack Daniels series ISBN 0786890746
* Whiskey Sour (2004) - 1st in Jack Daniels series ISBN 078689072X

So yep, he had them in order. :)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Meemo said:
From Wikipedia:

* Cherry Bomb (announced for 2009) - 6th in Jack Daniels series
* Afraid (2008) - Under the pseudonym Jack Kilborn
* Fuzzy Navel (2008) - 5th in Jack Daniels series ISBN 1401302807
* Dirty Martini (2007) - 4th in Jack Daniels series ISBN 1401302793
* Rusty Nail (2006) - 3rd in Jack Daniels series ISBN 140130088X
* Bloody Mary (2005) - 2nd in Jack Daniels series ISBN 0786890746
* Whiskey Sour (2004) - 1st in Jack Daniels series ISBN 078689072X

So yep, he had them in order. :)
Thanks. These books look good.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words, all.

@pidgeon92 - The problem is I don't have a Kindle yet. I've used the Mobipocket converter before, but since I can't view the results, I have no idea how they'll look on a Kindle.

If someone here would like to convert my pdfs to a Kindle-friendly format, I'd post them on my website and send you some signed hardcovers in return.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Jack Kilborn said:
Thanks for the kind words, all.

@pidgeon92 - The problem is I don't have a Kindle yet. I've used the Mobipocket converter before, but since I can't view the results, I have no idea how they'll look on a Kindle.

If someone here would like to convert my pdfs to a Kindle-friendly format, I'd post them on my website and send you some signed hardcovers in return.
I converted your PDF of Whiskey Sour with Calibre http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki. It did a nice job on the formating. Of course I found out you had a free version of Whiskey Sour on your website only hours after I bought the Kindle version. lol.

Caliber also has a built in viewer so you can get some idea of what the book looks like converted. The one thing I did notice that wasn't converted was the little graphic "you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbreadman" which is in the Amazon version.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Forster said:
I converted your PDF of Whiskey Sour with Calibre http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/wiki. It did a nice job on the formating. Of course I found out you had a free version of Whiskey Sour on your website only hours after I bought the Kindle version. lol.

Caliber also has a built in viewer so you can get some idea of what the book looks like converted. The one thing I did notice that wasn't converted was the little graphic "you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbreadman" which is in the Amazon version.
Thanks, Forster. Whiskey Sour technically shouldn't be on my website for free, as it might annoy my publisher. ::)

I'll give Caliber a shot when I have some free time...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
chynared21 said:
Good morning!

Hehe, browsing around Joe's site...we need to save Sheila :p

Save Sheila
I just made my donation - it's the least I can do since I've gotten all those free books from Joe's website. ;)

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Meemo said:
I just made my donation - it's the least I can do since I've gotten all those free books from Joe's website. ;)
Right on! LOL, I felt a kinship since I have the same model. I did make a mental note though not to shove Karen into the glove compartment :p I just downloaded his book...looking forward to some good reading time while we're on vacation :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I'm al for inexpensive good books, but some of the comments here, make me a little "afraid" to try  ::)  I'll have to get and be sure and only read when DH is in the room  ;)  I tend to dream about my books until they get finished, and I have enough nightmares as it is  :mad:

At any rate, welcome to kindleboards where you don't have to have a kindle to participate, but it sure makes it handier for some of our enablers to enable  :eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EllenR said:
Welcome Jack. I recently finished AFRAID and love it. Great read!

EllenR
Thanks, Ellen! Feel free to post a review. Also, if you have any big highways near you, renting a billboard would be cool. ;D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts