Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure if it's just me, but when I reply to a post I usually preview it before I post. Sometimes once I've done that and go to post I get a message I timed out and need to repost.  ???It doesn't seem like I'm taking all that much time-just enough to read through it- am I just not being quick enough? At least I figured out I don't have to redo the whole thing, just reenter the last word and then post.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
That occasionally happens to me if I'm studying and adjusting my post in preview mode for a long time.

When that happens, I click the Back button in my browser, and it gets me my post back. I've done that in Firefox, but haven't tried it in Internet Explorer.

I took a quick look to see what our timeout setting is - and didn't see it as a configurable option. I'll scan more thoroughly for it though - perhaps it can be increased.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try using the back button also- I have internet explorer. I guess I have to stop being so particular that it looks just right!

Thanks Harvey

Hey I noticed I only need 1 more post to move up to the next level-woo hoo

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Lynn said:
I will try using the back button also- I have internet explorer. I guess I have to stop being so particular that it looks just right!

Thanks Harvey

Hey I noticed I only need 1 more post to move up to the next level-woo hoo
Lynn, I have IE also but never had this problem and spend a LOT of time in preview. I don't know what it could be.

Hope it works out for you. Just say "okay sailor, thanks" and you will have your next star ;D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK Sailor Thanks. I don't need it to get off Dr Suess but every little post helps! I don't know why it does that to me- I'm only previewing for maybe 15 secs, but Harvey's suggestion about using the back button on the browser works In IE als.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts