Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if everyone has already thought of this, but it finally dawned on me that when I highlight stuff so that a copy of the typo goes into the "My Clippings" file, I can immediately delete the highlight.  I don't want the highlight on my Kindle any more, just a copy that I can edit later, and send to the publisher and/or Kindle Support. 

First, I copy the "My Clippings.txt" file to my computer (make a copy), then start editing.  I usually delete the lines with the book title, and edit the line with the location from this:
- Highlight Loc. 1770 | Added on Saturday, January 10, 2009, 05:55 PM

to:
- Highlight Loc. 1770 | "flare" should be "flair"

Then I have a whole list of stuff to email that looks like this:

==========
- Loc. 1052-53 | "suit" should be "sure"
"Fingerprints. Have to be suit you're  you."

==========
- Loc. 1075-76 | "you" should be "your"
"Put that in you lapel, and keep this pass,"

Just thought I'd mention it, in case someone else hadn't thought of it yet.  Some books I've bought have so many typos that they drive me completely crazy.  It doesn't bother my husband, but it has me climbing the walls sometimes!  I keep bugging publishers, hoping that they will get the message eventually.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thanks Susan - usually the only ones I worry about are from the KB and I just send them the location and let them figure them out LOL  :)  I'll keep this in mind though.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Good tip, Susan -

So far, the majority of my books have been decent in the spelling & grammar department.

This will be useful to know when I come across one that is really sloppy.

Marci

1 - 3 of 3 Posts