Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ajalbrinck said:
As much as I'd love that type of data, I'm thinking that it would be like looking directly at the sun. :eek:
317 Clicks, 4 purchases, slightly more than a 1% conversion ratio. And now I see dark swirly spots after staring directly into the sun for 10 seconds. Still, bring on the sun any day!

·
Registered
2,713 Posts
But...can the competition see your stats?

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
I can't do it.
I'd be checking and then thinking "Nooooo, don't just click! Buy!  Buy my book! Where are you going? Come back here!  Just one more click and this could be yours!"

Too much pain, man.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
jljarvis said:
Why would I need a graph, when I've already got a metaphor?

Haha! Please pick me up! Pretty please! Love it! Now, if he actually paid for a haircut (professional cover), had a sign to say where he wanted to go (good blurb) and maybe got someone sexy to thumb the cars (an agent) he would have gotten a lift much sooner. Oh, wait, maybe he's an indie?

·
Registered
632 Posts
Oh, I thought everyone did this already. So easy to do, and essential really if you want to scientifically test the effect of new covers, blurbs, or any other change.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I assume it's through tracking pixels or a similar embedded HTML, which is probably against some part of the TOS. Good use of $5.

·
Registered
7,648 Posts
smreine said:
I assume it's through tracking pixels or a similar embedded HTML, which is probably against some part of the TOS. Good use of $5.
Ah, yes, that's probably it. That'll be my excuse for not bothering. :)

·
Registered
632 Posts
I don't see anything in the TOS that says you can't do this. We would they? It's in Amazon's interests that we sell more, and a decent analytics tool is crucial to improving sales online.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts