Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leave it to me to do something wrong to my Kindle within the first 2 days of having it.  I know just enough about things to get myself in trouble, but do not know enough to be able to fix it!!  I evidently loaded a screen saver incorrectly on my Kindle and managed to disable all the screen savers.  Betsy and Leslie came to my resue.  Betsy was able to figure out what I had done and came up with the fix in less than 30 minutes.  She then had to lead me step by step in going into the system files and deleting the screen saver folder.  In doing that it restored the original screen savers and made me feel so much better!!  She not only fixed my Kindle - her suggestions of deep breaths and a glass of wine for me was just what I needed.  Again....thank you both for your help!!!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Thank you JoAnn but I am really going to give Betsy all the credit on this one! She did all the troubleshooting and problem solving. Thank you Betsy for doing such a great job!

Leslie

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Shows what one can do when one has already made all the mistakes already!  LOL!

Glad I could help, JoAnn!

Betsy
pouring a glass of wine myself...

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
That's why I'm scared of messing with "la machine" ('puter).  My patience doesn't go very far and I get easily frustrated.  :mad:

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Me too.  Threatening with a hammer (although I would never threaten Eleanor the K) often works.  Ask my laptop.  ;D

Betsy

I

·
0 Posts
I did something similar and found the solution already posted. The only problem  I had was figuring out how to get invisible files lie the system file visible in Vista.

After some tinkering, I finally found it.  Now all of the screen savers are gone except for the one I wanted.  I have the originals in a zipped file if I ever want to reinstalled them.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Did someone mention wine?

Leslie and Betsy are the best.  They've rescued many.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Between Verena (Pidgeon92), Leslie, Harvey and all the other technically adept people here on the KBoards, no question goes unanswered for long!  Love this place!

Betsy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Betsy the Quilter said:
Between Verena (Pidgeon92), Leslie, Harvey and all the other technically adept people here on the KBoards, no question goes unanswered for long! Love this place!Betsy
Me too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts