Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
The documentary is great.

There are a couple of documentary/making of videos for the movie on the 50th Anniversary DVD also.

I love TKAM. Own a reading copy, a remake of the original hardback (no one allowed to touch) and the regular DVD plus the anniversary one. Maybe I love it too much ... No, not possible.  :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well, somebody has to be the wet blanket and say, "overhyped" and "not as good as was lead to believe," so I'll just say it: both book and movie are overhyped and neither are as good as their reputations make them out to be.

Also, Atticus Finch is kind of a lousy trial lawyer.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't like it?
;D

'S'okay.  Nothing is liked by everyone...there's no wrong or right about liking or not liking something.  I say the same thing about peanut butter.  The "overhyped" and "not as good as led to believe" part (aren't they the same thing? ;) ), not the "lousy trial lawyer" part....
;)

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
JLH3 said:
Well, somebody has to be the wet blanket and say, "overhyped" and "not as good as was lead to believe," so I'll just say it: both book and movie are overhyped and neither are as good as their reputations make them out to be.

Also, Atticus Finch is kind of a lousy trial lawyer.
There are a lot of books and movies I don't like that other people love, but Betsy ... peanut butter? Lucky you. I can't eat it anymore because of my cholesterol and I miss it. <sigh>

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Gertie Kindle 'a/k/a Margaret Lake' said:
There are a lot of books and movies I don't like that other people love, but Betsy ... peanut butter? Lucky you. I can't eat it anymore because of my cholesterol and I miss it. <sigh>
Nope, never have. I like peanuts but not peanut butter. It was a pain being different growing up and not like PB&Js, or, as we called them then, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Nope, never have. I like peanuts but not peanut butter. It was a pain being different growing up and not like PB&Js, or, as we called them then, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches.

Betsy
I didn't used to like jelly on mine. Still prefer just PB.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I didn't used to like jelly on mine. Still prefer just PB.
Some times I just have to have a PB lollipop.

Just a spoon with PB on it.

·
5,947 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
Love peanut butter and love jelly (except we call it jam). But the two together? I know it's a pretty traditional American sandwich, but I've never known anyone here (in the UK) to eat one and frankly I think I'd be sick - whoever though of putting the two together? *shudders* :eek:

When I was younger I didn't realise what you call jelly was what we call jam and what we call jelly is what you call jello. I think! ??? So I used to think you were all eating PB & jello. I'm not sure which is worse!!

Sorry, how did we get from TKAM to this! Back to your regularly scheduled program ......

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Linjeakel said:
Love peanut butter and love jelly (except we call it jam). But the two together? I know it's a pretty traditional American sandwich, but I've never known anyone here (in the UK) to eat one and frankly I think I'd be sick - whoever though of putting the two together? *shudders* :eek:

When I was younger I didn't realise what you call jelly was what we call jam and what we call jelly is what you call jello. I think! ??? So I used to think you were all eating PB & jello. I'm not sure which is worse!!

Sorry, how did we get from TKAM to this! Back to your regularly scheduled program ......
Yes, your jelly is our Jello which is a brand name of flavored gelatin.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I totally love the left turn this topic took...

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Your fault. You must now have a PB&J for lunch every day for a month. Betsy, can I get a ruling on this? Is a month sufficient?
Sorry, I can't subject anyone to that....

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Back to TKAM.

I don't think it would be as effective in color. B&W makes the atmosphere, not only in the suspense scenes. The music was fantastic and Scout narrating was even better, especially the way she did it.

Blanking here. What was the name of the old lady with the garden? I know she was minimized in the movie, but it was interesting how Atticus made Jem read to her every afternoon
to help her over her morphine addiction

1 - 20 of 26 Posts