Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I love my Harry Potter books and have read every one of them. How crazy would it be for me to buy them all over again for Kindle? (my Miss Kindle should arrive sometime today) That way, I could read them whenever the mood struck. Anyone else do that, download books to Kindle that you already own in hardcover/paperback?
Yea, I know, I am such a NEWBIE!

B

·
0 Posts
No dilemma here Lady. JK Rowling has adamantly refused to have her books put into any electronic format. So, unless she has some earth shaking epiphany, there will be no Harry on your Kindle.

It is really a shame. I would gladly have paid to have all of the series on my Kindle. I read them at least 3-4 times a year.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
It wouldn't be crazy at all as many of us have repurchased books just to read on our Kindles, however I don't think the HP series will make it to ebook form anytime soon. I know there was a lengthy discussion somewhere about it.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Besides the Bible, I have not rebought anything yet.  I have, however, been tempted as my DTB's are being sadly neglected.  I'm sure that down the road if some of them drop in price I will definitely one-click them to my more convenient Kindle.

Your Kindle is coming TODAY.  How exciting for you.  We will be on Kindle watch with you.  Please be sure to keep us up to date on how much you love it, as I'm sure you will. 

You won't be a newbie for long because there's so much great information here to move you right along. 
debbie

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I am buying books for my Kindle that I like to read over and over again. Because I travel so much for work, sometimes I am just to tired to read a new book. Reading relaxes me and helps me to go to sleep so I'll read one of my favorite books. Having it on the Kindle makes it so much easier. Now I hope I can keep from buying all of my favorites and use my gift cards for new books. That one click button is just to easy to use.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I do it if the book is huge in DTB format.  The added comfort of not having to hold a gigantic book makes the extra money spent seem worth it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ugh!  I never even thought about NOT being able to get HP for Kindle.  Oh well, I still have J.A. Jance, Steven King, Sue Grafton, Faye Kellerman...yea, I've got lots to keep me busy.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Lady Blue said:
Ugh! I never even thought about NOT being able to get HP for Kindle.
I was surprised at first too. Here's what you can do now: go to Amazon, find all the HP books and click each one "I want to read on Kindle".

Eventually, I believe, they will be digitized but JKR is currently not comfortable with the copyright protection available for e-books in general. She has a lot of other reasons, not the least of which is she wants kids to experience books as something different from computers. But when Amazon gets Kindle rights in the UK and she gets one in her hands, I think she'll begin to see the light.

Ann

·
Registered
133 Posts
I don't have my Kindle yet but I do plan on buying my favorite books for the Kindle.  If it is a book that I re-read then I will want it available and as I am learning from people here.....it's hard to pick up a DTB when you would rather just read on your Kindle!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, I can't stand it any longer...what does DTB stand for?

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Lady Blue said:
Ugh! I never even thought about NOT being able to get HP for Kindle. Oh well, I still have J.A. Jance, Steven King, Sue Grafton, Faye Kellerman...yea, I've got lots to keep me busy.
And if you are anything like many of us, you'll discover that with your Kindle it is fun to test out and try new authors and genres you might not have read before. Being able to sample chapters before you buy makes it a no-risk adventure.

L

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Leslie said:
And if you are anything like many of us, you'll discover that with your Kindle it is fun to test out and try new authors and genres you might not have read before. Being able to sample chapters before you buy makes it a no-risk adventure.

L
And with all the above said...I've been buying more books than ever :p

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah, yes! I can not wait to try out that feature! And if that truck doesn't get here soon I am sending out a SEARCH PARTY!

My house address is a single digit number of which the number itself has fallen off and gone who knows where. I was outside this morning black marker in hand...DRAWING the # 7 on my house to be sure the truck finds me! How desperate is that?! lol

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Lady Blue said:
Ah, yes! I can not wait to try out that feature! And if that truck doesn't get here soon I am sending out a SEARCH PARTY!

My house address is a single digit number of which the number itself has fallen off and gone who knows where. I was outside this morning black marker in hand...DRAWING the # 7 on my house to be sure the truck finds me! How desperate is that?! lol
No you didn't!!! LMAO, thanks for the laugh :p

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Lady Blue said:

That is too too funny. Thanks for the visual. You definitely belong here.

I

·
0 Posts
No that's probablly something that's way over due.  Now setting up a table and chair at the end of the driveway..that may seem desperate.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Make sure you are holding a large sign with a 7 on it while sitting at your table and chairs at the end of the driveway.

Melissa

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hmm, a table and chair...scratches head...great idea but it is so cold outside.  Oh wait!  I hear a [email protected]#%$...neighbors AGAIN!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts