Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one feeling a little self conscious about pushing my book?
There must be an easier way to vend my wares. 

Why do I feel like the proverbial hooker in a bad wig who can't get customers becasue I've been forced out of the hot spots and made to stand near a church? 
(An unpopular church at that.)

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Don't feel bad or self conscious, Art. As an indie author, you've got to promote your books if you're to get sales.

·
Registered
57 Posts
To the OP I am beginning to feel the same way-although not literally! I wrote my first novella a few months back and started a thread here and getting ready to upload the next in the series-this time a full length novel. It has been frustrating . I have never used twitter or facebook before, as I work in corporate IT-so really not interested in going back and doing even more computer stuff.

Being an independent author is an interesting experience. It is nice that you can do it all yourself. But the do it yourself, especially for someone who has never done it before can be overwhelming. I am a technical person not a marketing or sales person. So really not even sure where to begin or what to do. After great dithering, I signed on to twitter today, but then my heart isn't in it-so I doubt I will continue.If it wasn't for the book, I wouldn't have joined. I guess I am just looking at the fact that I thought I would write and publish my  books because I would enjoy doing what I liked - writing. Writing has always been thereaupitic for me. But all this marketing and trying to plug your product is something I really don't like  and makes me feel like the corporate clone again-at least that pays me well-here I spend money! 

I have hired someone to do some promotional stuff, press releases etc. I bought the kindle banner ad and got an email saying I have to get a banner and give it to them and I have no clue what that is-I thought they would just put  a picture and slap it and so have to research that now !  8) I have also just signed up with bookrooster. But I am getting tired of this-it is just not me. I am the quiet type and this is starting to get frustrating. Maybe I will just write my books and add it to Kindle and just forget about it and treat it as my hobby-it is certainly cheaper than a shrink!! ;D 

1 - 3 of 3 Posts