Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I e-mailed Houghtoun-Mifflin Publishers (the publisher for Tolkien's books in the U.S.), and they told me that the Tolkien Estate does not want to make his works available as e-books. I sent the Tolkien Estate an e-mail requesting that they release the books on Kindle. I never heard anything back, but if enough of us do it, perhaps they will reconsider.

If you would consider sending them a message/request, in the link below, use the left side (the Tolkien Estate side).

http://www.tolkienestate.com/contact/

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I click on the I want this book on Kindle links weekly but will try emailing the estate. You probably want to post this info in the "I want this book on Kindle" topic. People tend to check there to help with clicks and might be willing to email the Tolkien estate.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Lizzy.  Me, too.

I own many of Tolkien's books in hardcopy, and I will not be getting rid of them.  It would be easier, however, to hold them on the Kindle than in the book form. 

·
Registered
326 Posts
Yeah. I dont have any books cause sometimes i move around alot and they dont fit to well in my backpack which is why i love the kindle so much. I would love to have the Hobbit and the LOTR on my kindle.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
I love his work. I won't be getting rid of my paper back copies but would love to have them on the Kindle. I could take notes and mark favorite passages more easily.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I have paperback and Hardcover (2 diff versions).  Sent a message to the estate that I would buy them all again if they reconsidered.

B

·
0 Posts
Don't expect the Tolkein library to come out any time soon.  They already went through one legal battle over copyright infringement that Ballantine had to pull out the big guns to handle.  (If any of you have the paperback version with Tolkein's picture on the back cover, he comments on it there.)  With the resurgence of DTB sales following the films, I expect Christopher Tolkein will hold off on Kindle for a long time to come.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Rivery said:
I have paperback and Hardcover (2 diff versions). Sent a message to the estate that I would buy them all again if they reconsidered.
That's exactly what I told them.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
I also contacted them about this, I have several hardback copies of the Hobbit and LOtR and would happily buy Kindle versions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts