Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw on the Amazon site that several of Tom Clancy's early books will be released in Kindle version on Feb 3rd.  The pre-order price is even below 9.99  :eek:.  I have always loved his books so I will probably get a couple in Kindle format when they come out.

Susan

·
Registered
433 Posts
That's great! Thanks for spreading the word.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
What is up with FF and Tom Clancy? I was looking at the Clancy books coming 2/3 and then looking at FF to check the series order. The Jack Ryan series is all out of order on FF. FF has the first 4 listed as 1,2,3,4 and the correct order would be 3,1,4,2. The remainder are similarly scattered. I've never seen that on any other authors page on FF and wondered if anyone has seen it and/or knows what causes it.

I'm also curious why they chose to bring out books 1,5,9,10,11 in the series rather than doing them sequentially starting with 1.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I believe (not certain, I've only read 4 or 5 of them) that FF has them listed in chronologically correct order. That is to say that Jack Ryan is youngest in Patriot Games and oldest in Red Rabbit. It's been years since I read any of them so this theory could be complete horsehockey (thanks Sherm ;) ).

·
Registered
168 Posts
Debt of Honor is a title I'm interested in, but it's not available in Kindle yet. I see "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available." How/where can I access that on Amazon?

·
Registered
326 Posts
LDB said:
What is up with FF and Tom Clancy? I was looking at the Clancy books coming 2/3 and then looking at FF to check the series order. The Jack Ryan series is all out of order on FF. FF has the first 4 listed as 1,2,3,4 and the correct order would be 3,1,4,2. The remainder are similarly scattered. I've never seen that on any other authors page on FF and wondered if anyone has seen it and/or knows what causes it.

I'm also curious why they chose to bring out books 1,5,9,10,11 in the series rather than doing them sequentially starting with 1.
Go here and it will give you the books in the order they were written.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Clancy

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Hunt for Red October was the first Ryan novel. Then Patriot Games. Patriot Games was the explination for how Ryan ended up with the CIA.

What is FF?

·
Registered
731 Posts
This is apparently the chronological order:

* Without Remorse (1993) (John Clark, Jack's father Emmett Ryan)
    * Patriot Games (1987)
    * Red Rabbit (2002)
    * The Hunt for Red October (1984)
    * The Cardinal of the Kremlin (1988)
    * Clear and Present Danger (1989)
    * The Sum of All Fears (1991)
    * Debt of Honor (1994)
    * Executive Orders (1996)
    * Rainbow Six (1998) (John Clark, Jack Ryan by reference)
    * The Bear and the Dragon (2000)
    * The Teeth of the Tiger (2003) (Jack Ryan Jr.)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts