1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
788 Posts
Oooh! Not that I read Tom Clancy, but this is a big step! Maybe the anti-ebook crowd is realizing they're just shooting themselves in the foot and losing out on profits. Us Kindle users are BIG SPENDERS don't ya know!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mikuto said:
Oooh! Not that I read Tom Clancy, but this is a big step! Maybe the anti-ebook crowd is realizing they're just shooting themselves in the foot and losing out on profits. Us Kindle users are BIG SPENDERS don't ya know!
I ditto that!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I love TC, and my DH said the other night as we were watching Clear and Present Danger that if he read he would read TC. Well that means another kindle! V1 LOL but I am not going to hold my breath 8)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
If K2 is released and you like it the same or more then K1 you buy a K2 and give him your K1. Load it up with all of Tom Clancy's Novels and name it Jack Ryan.

He gets hooked on reading, you get a new Kindle, and you have an excuse to buy more Kindle accesories.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Funny thing tho - I have no accessories! LOL 

I need to wait until he retires (HA)  before we get into that discussion  ;D

·
Registered
335 Posts
Excellent news!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ProfCrash said:
If K2 is released and you like it the same or more then K1 you buy a K2 and give him your K1. Load it up with all of Tom Clancy's Novels and name it Jack Ryan.

He gets hooked on reading, you get a new Kindle, and you have an excuse to buy more Kindle accesories.
You're devious. ;D I really like the way you think. I just bought lots of accessories and don't know if I could give her up. But on the other hand, I could buy more accessories. ;)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Definitely a step in the right direction! I torn out the article to post it but figured it would be here already

Clancy books will get digital format

Tom Clancy is going digital.

The author of such blockbusters as "Patriot Games" and "Clear and Present Danger" is finally making his work available electronically, starting Feb. 3 with his breakthrough novel, "The Hunt for Red October."

Publisher Penguin Group (USA) Inc. made the announcement Thursday.

Clancy's books will be available in all e-formats.

Executives Laura Porco of Amazon.com and Chris Smith of Sony Reader said Thursday that Clancy had been in great demand by customers.

So, YAY, us!

Lynn D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Seamonkey said:
Executives Laura Porco of Amazon.com and Chris Smith of Sony Reader said Thursday that Clancy had been in great demand by customers.

So, YAY, us!

Lynn D
It's good to know we're making a difference. Does this make us a KAC (Kindle Action Committee)? Or is that Kindle Action Clickers?

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
gertiekindle said:
It's good to know we're making a difference. Does this make us a KAC (Kindle Action Committee)? Or is that Kindle Action Clickers?
how about Kindle Action Klickers ;D a subgroup of Kindle Anonymous ??? or Kindle Activists ??? (if you don't kindle your books we won't buy them :p

Apparently klicking is working

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
KAC or KAK? I dunno, makes us sound like we're trying to hack up hairballs....or that we're talking like the Martians in "Mars Attacks!"...

But I am glad that Tom Clancy's gotten with the ebook program. I haven't read any of his books in quite awhile, none of his newer stuff. I think I'd probably go back and read the early Jack Ryan books, though, I always did like those.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
That's cool.
I've read only one of Tom Clancy books. Sooner or later, everybody is going to jump on the Kindle band wagon.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Steph H said:
But I am glad that Tom Clancy's gotten with the ebook program. I haven't read any of his books in quite awhile, none of his newer stuff. I think I'd probably go back and read the early Jack Ryan books, though, I always did like those.
Don't bother with those written "with" - they just don't have the same pizzazz ;D

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
No real surprise, but thanks for the heads-up. :)  Clive Cussler's two series "with so-and-so" are the same way (not including the collaborations now with his son on the Dirk Pitt series, although it's kinda the same), but I like them anyway.  ;)

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
And about time!  :D 

Celebrate ... celebrate ... dance to the music ...

Just saw that Tom Clancy's books are now available for the Kindle. Now, let's see ... how can I come up with the money for  them ... hmmmm.

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Funny, it looks like "Hunt for Red October" is the only one available today, with more coming next week, then more the following week, and for several following weeks. Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that it appears all or most of his books are coming...eventually...it's just kinda funny that after the big build-up, only one made it on the "big day". :D

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Weird, everything was pushed back to the 10th. I wonder if this has something to do with the Press Conference.  Maybe Amazon is going to make a big deal out of the fact that certain authors are now allowing their books to be released for the Kindle.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts