Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We were celebrating a family member's birthday tonight at PF Changs. My brother called to ask me to bring my Kindle. We passed it around like it was a new born baby.

Love muh kindle

~KC

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
kchughez said:
We were celebrating a family member's birthday tonight at PF Changs. My brother called to ask me to bring my Kindle. We passed it around like it was a new born baby.

Love muh kindle

~KC
Haha! That's pretty funny. Did you wrap it a fuzzy blankie? ;)

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
what did it order?
I was thinking the same thing!

The problem with reading at a Chinese restaurant is that an hour later, you just want to read something else! :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JRTomlin said:
Haha! That's pretty funny. Did you wrap it a fuzzy blankie? ;)
JR! That's so strange that you asked. I don't have a kindle skin so I actually DID wrap it in a comfy light blue blanket so it wouldn't get scratched in my purse. How freakin funny is that?

·
Registered
904 Posts
D'awwwwww.... 

·
Registered
445 Posts
I always have to take two Kindles along when we go to family gatherings or take long car rides, so the boys don't lose their little minds.  They love showing off with them too (especially the one with the bleeding skull skin)

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I love showing off the Kindle.  Glad to see it's bringing families together.  LOL

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
kchughez said:
JR! That's so strange that you asked. I don't have a kindle skin so I actually DID wrap it in a comfy light blue blanket so it wouldn't get scratched in my purse. How freakin funny is that?
:D :D

That is really funny!

·
Registered
917 Posts
I find that's one danger of bringing my Kindle in public--I'm less likely to get a lot of reading done, because people constantly want to check it out and have a demo!

But hey, if it creates new Kindle fans, so be it. I know for a fact at least one man I showed it to later bought his wife a Kindle for Christmas.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
kchughez said:
LOL, me too! I've only taken my K out in public once, but had no case, so I wrapped it in a clean T-shirt and stuffed it in my purse.

I still need to get something more substantial than a skin I suppose....

Speaking of skins and restaurants....I found that minor greasy fingerprints wiped off my Decal Girl skin pretty easily....do they clean up pretty well? (I've only had it since this past weekend.)

·
Registered
679 Posts
I take my Kindle to the gym where it gets a lot of attention. It gets a good workout too, especially on the recumbant bike.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts