Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been home with a temporary illness and was feeling down in the dumps :'(...so as some retail therapy, I went and bought an Oberon cover for my K2 in ROH(purple..with corner straps.) and a Decal Girl skin in Nadir..which is a really pretty celestial type pattern in blue and gold..

Oh boy..I've done it now!! ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Congrats! I just got my ROH in purple last week and love it. I got the Starry nights skin which I installed just minutes ago - perfect match on the purple.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
oh you didn't do anything honest -- when I broke my arm in November and couldn't do anything but sit and sleep in the recliner -- I ordered a new swift, yarn for a shawl (about $80 worth) the pasta attachment for my Kitchen Aide and a waffle maker AND my new Kindle 2 - along with many many books -- Thank God for my Kindle 1 then it helped keep me sane and I could hold it in my left hand and read with no problems. 

I was really really feeling sorry for myself as you can tell  ::)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
We have been experiencing a 'parade of blizzards'. Our last storm (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) left us with 18 inches of snow.  On top of it all I was sick -- flu. I struggled diligently, but finally broke down and bought a new Borsa Bella Kindle back for my new purple Oberon cover.  Now, my husband will not look kindly on that, but I WANTED to buy a second Oberon cover, a new skin and of course another Borsa Bella Bag.  Really I saved money.  :eek:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Tippy said:
We have been experiencing a 'parade of blizzards'. Our last storm (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) left us with 18 inches of snow. On top of it all I was sick -- flu. I struggled diligently, but finally broke down and bought a new Borsa Bella Kindle back for my new purple Oberon cover. Now, my husband will not look kindly on that, but I WANTED to buy a second Oberon cover, a new skin and of course another Borsa Bella Bag. Really I saved money. :eek:
And I have the opposite problem--first warm sunny days of the year (and it's too early for them to last)--so I tried to read outside. BAD idea. Major ADHD. Couldn't concentrate on reading & came up with a list of about 30 items--I'm dead serious--that I either need to purchase or need to buy supplies for or need to hire someone to do. That 45 minute period is going to cost me a fortune.

My K2 spending looks like nothing by comparison. I'm determined to hide inside with my Kindle & try to ignore it all. Maybe a new skin will make me feel better? LOL

Parakeetgirl--did it help? :D Nadir looks gorgeous and that was one I was considering too. I look forward to seeing a picture from you once it arrives!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I have the Nadir skin.. it is more green than blue.. still very pretty.  I would post a pic, but my camera isnt working too well..

·
Registered
599 Posts
That skin is so pretty!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VictoriaP said:
And I have the opposite problem--first warm sunny days of the year (and it's too early for them to last)--so I tried to read outside. BAD idea. Major ADHD. Couldn't concentrate on reading & came up with a list of about 30 items--I'm dead serious--that I either need to purchase or need to buy supplies for or need to hire someone to do. That 45 minute period is going to cost me a fortune.

My K2 spending looks like nothing by comparison. I'm determined to hide inside with my Kindle & try to ignore it all. Maybe a new skin will make me feel better? LOL

Parakeetgirl--did it help? :D Nadir looks gorgeous and that was one I was considering too. I look forward to seeing a picture from you once it arrives!
Yep, it helped..It will help even more once they get here and I can clothe my baby in an outfit befitting her(for some reason, I think of my K2 as a she..her name is Anastasia). Right now, she's in the Amazon leather cover. Serviceable, but a bit drab.

Wow, I just reread that to myself..and I'm obsessed! ;D

·
Registered
388 Posts
I love that skin, but I'm waiting for a celestial skin that will better match my pebbled grey cover.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Tippy said:
We have been experiencing a 'parade of blizzards'. Our last storm (Friday/Saturday/Sunday) left us with 18 inches of snow. On top of it all I was sick -- flu. I struggled diligently, but finally broke down and bought a new Borsa Bella Kindle back for my new purple Oberon cover. Now, my husband will not look kindly on that, but I WANTED to buy a second Oberon cover, a new skin and of course another Borsa Bella Bag. :eek:
I hope the 'parade of blizzards' stops long enough to allow your purchases to be delivered.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
parakeetgirl said:
I've been home with a temporary illness and was feeling down in the dumps :'(...so as some retail therapy, I went and bought an Oberon cover for my K2 in ROH(purple..with corner straps.) and a Decal Girl skin in Nadir..which is a really pretty celestial type pattern in blue and gold..

Congratulations! I also have the purple ROH and love it. I have the Starry Night skin but love the Nadir one too. I have the Disarray skin on the way because I have the purple ROH cover and a M-edge pebbled fuchsia on the way and I thought that would go with both.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
parakeetgirl said:

[/quote

tell me you didn't have that picture of that beautiful skin in the original post - and I just missed it -- I love that one

1 - 15 of 15 Posts