Kindle Forum banner

Took the Vaja plunge...

4K views 36 replies 8 participants last post by  ayuryogini 
#1 ·
...Just now. I blame Neo.
Plus I've been wanting one for over a year (since I got my first iPad).
I just haven't liked any of the other iPad 2 cases, and I fell in love with the Libretto.
I ordered it in Violet...
so now just the wait time.......
I'll post pics when it arrives.

#27 ·
beama said:
Woe is me! :mad: Waited all morning for FedEx to deliver the Vaja- out on the truck for delivery by 10:30. It didn't arrive and when I checked the tracking on-line again, it claimed an exception with wrong delivery address. Called FedEx and the address was correct, they put it on the record, but claimed they can't contact the truck and it will probably go back to FedEx and another attempt will be made tomorrow. It's pouring, did the driver not want to exit the truck on a rainy day??? No local number for FedEx, so I am stuck waiting to see if they can find the house tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't end up going back to Brazil! ::)
Oh no Beama!!!!!! I can't believe this is happening to you, what a bummer :'(

I think Kindlemama is right, and it really may be worth tracking this down and going to pick it up yourself - can you imagine it going all the way back to Argentina, seriously! :mad:

You know, something very weird happened, and I think I may find my Vaja waiting for me at home tonight! So I never got a shipping notice or anything, but placed my order exactly 36 days ago, as of today. I am never at home during the day as I work, so I use a concierge service near my house where I get everything I order shipped, and then I pick it up at night (also allows for someone to sign for packages when required). My concierge then sends me an e-mail whenever they get something.

I got an email a couple of hours ago saying that I received a package from "AJA SE" (my concierge does regularly misspell, lol), that weighs one pound, and was shipped with FedEx. I don't expect anything today, and nothing shipped by FedEx. The only thing I can think of is my Vaja case!

Fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

ETA: I just saw your post that you got it, WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

It's gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful, and so glad you find that it holds its positions that well! I didn't realize: it can also be in a vertical position? I though it only did horizontal? I am so happy for you :)!

#28 ·
Great news, I hope you have a beautiful surprise when you get home and that you are as happy with it as I am!  They don't show a vertical position in the instructions, but I found it was possible to do it.  It is very light and very soft.  Well worth the wait!

#31 ·
i finally got home, and the package waiting for me was indeed my beautiful, wonderful, Vaja case, yaayyyyyyyy ;D (the Opelle purse travels by Canada Post, so it couldn't be it ;))

And it's perfect!!!!! I don't have any other word! The color is exactly what I thought and wanted it to be, the angles just work, the leather is oh so luscious, it is protective, yet with a very low profile, and I actually love the inside microfiber which feels more like suede than anything else :). And I love the fact that it does work like the Smart covers, turning the iPad on and off when you open/close it. Simply put, just perfect ;D!!!!

And without any further ado, here are some pics (the color is pretty close to reality, but well, with the stupid bad weather we are having, it's already dark, so it's all shot in artificial light).

I am so glad went with this case, and it was totally worth the wait - truth be told, I consciously forgot about it, and prepared myself for getting it much later, so it didn't seem so long in the end! And now at least I know that I will never buy another case for my iPad, and won't even look at another for myself: I already got the perfect one, and that, as we know for an accessory lover like me, is simply priceless, lol ;D.

Ayuryogini, now yours!!!!! I seriously can't wait for you to get it now, you are going to love it!!!!!!!!

#34 ·
ayuryogini said:
I'm so glad for you both, and really happy that you love them.
Neo, did you not get a tracking number? And thank you for the beautiful pictures.

I started this thread on 4/22, so I know that's the day I ordered. I should start watching for a delivery in about 11 days.
Thank you :)! And no, I nev got anything: no shipping notification, no tracking number, nothing - it just showed up!...

#36 ·
In my search for care for my beautiful new vaja case, I found this on a Vaja site:
PROPER LEATHER; MAINTENANCE & CLEANING
One a week, polish the leather with dry and clean cloth or soft and mild brush. With this minimal care your leather product will provide long- lasting use. We recommend using a natural cream. (Eg: Meltonian). Sparingly applied with a soft clean cloth and then brushing the polish immediately after.

GENERAL INDICATIONS
1/Do not put adhesive sticker, glue will permanently mark the case surface.
2/Do not over- stuff credit cards slots or money pockets. Doing so will stretch the leather.
3/Leather breathes, that is what keeps, is soft and supple. Do not store the case in plastic bags. Cover your leather with breathable cloth like cotton sheets when storing.
-Hereby we will provide some suggestions (though they should not be considered as solutions) about how to proceed in some common situations that may occur.
NOTE: If these procedures do not work for you, consult a professional leather care expert. Vaja will not assume any responsibility for damage incurred by owners based on information provided here.

Water
If they are only drops, press firmly with absorbent paper on the surface and then let them dry in the shade. Please do not apply completely dry, rub the surface with a clean and dry cloth to restore the shine.
If your case becomes wet, as fast, as you can, take an absorbent paper and soak up, do not rub just blot. Allow it to dry slowly and naturally at room temperature, avoiding direct heat: hot air vents, radiators, furnaces, Air dryers, or sunlight. When leather is dry, apply a little uncolored leather polish
(Eg: Meltonian), on it to restore flexibility. This can help, but unfortunately your case never will look the same.

Oil
For butter, oil, or grease, wipe excess butter oil or grease off the leather with absorbent paper and then leave it alone as the spot should dissipate into the leather in time. Do not apply water to try to wash, a butter, oil or grease spot.

Ink
Do not wet the stain or apply, solvent alcohol, or water. With a clean, white and soft pencil eraser, press softly erasing the pen stain. Follow the procedure again if necessary. Then rub with a cloth or an extremely soft brush to remove the remaining rubber. If necessary, apply only uncolored leather polish over the area. Let it dry and rub with a dry cloth to restore shine. In vaja leathers this procedure helps to diminish the stain and according to the leather tone itself, it can even disappear completely. Do not try to use this procedure to remove ink stains in Aniline leathers, these leathers have no protective treatments applied to them, the stain is likely to remain. Do not try to remove it with our suggestions or your own method. Leave the stain, within a few months. Aniline leathers will darken slightly and begin to develop a rich patina.

Scratch marks
Scratch- marks simply, do not go away, and tend to get bigger with use. However, if it does happen, you could try using some uncolored leather polish (Eg.Meltonian) to cover the scratch. If it is small, this might repair it or at least hide it, but otherwise it is there for good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.