Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top 10 Kindle Covers

I found this list on Google and am thinking about getting the Pad and Quill or the Amazon lighted cover. This list seemed like a decent overview, but are there other cases I should consider? I'm very picky about what I put on my electronics and have literally spent the last few hours Googling different cases.

·
Registered
229 Posts
One of my favorites isn't listed....Javoedge.  I had one for my K2 and just got one for my K3.  My mom liked it so well, that she got one too :).

Another of my favorites is mentioned...Oberon.  Beautiful handcrafted leather.  I want to get one for my K3, but need to sell my old one first (it's in the sell thread here on KB). 

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
What are your criteria?
I'm not sure how the Pad & Quill is with the kindle resting in that frame.

Amazon - their cases have the hinges.   The lighted case is heavier but does have the convenience of a light.  The released the updated unlighted cases.  I have one and so far no issues.

M-edge has a lot of options for covers but not much with real leather.  They use the corner straps.  You can even design your own.  Cases have a slot for the light that they sell.

Noreve - only available on line and ships from France.  Good quality leather and the rail attachment system which is my favorite.

Oberon - you can find a thread here with photos and many fans.   I have one and love it but not a fan of the company.  Uses the corner mounts.

Javoedge - some nice covers but not a good choice if you plan to use a skin.

Piel Frama - nice leather but doesn't work with a skin.

Octovo - 2 covers for the kindle available through Amazon.  Uses the corner mounts.

Cole Haan - my husband had one and loved this case but it has the hinges that caused problems.   Now that they might have fixed the problem, maybe they will be released again.   He has an Oberon now and asked for a lighted Amazon one for FD but this was his favoritr and he wishes he could use it.

Quite a few options to choose from.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
My favorites have been:

Oberon

JavoEdge

Medge Go cover, but the K2 version in real leather (not sure what the new ones, for the K3, are like)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
I've had Oberons for my K2 and DX.. loved them and still plan on one for my K3, probably the Hosukai Wave wraparound one..

Also had a very nice leather executive platform for my K2 and loved that.

So far I just have a black crazy digital for my K3 and all it lacks is better pockets but it was very inexpensive and is well made and way more than adequate.   Well at first I had a nice Nook cover for the K3 but had to put it in upside down and it was fabric and got kind of grungy inside on the fold.

I'm thinking from this list that the red leather roocase folio looks really nice and is now $18.50.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cardinal said:
I have three types of cases for my K3, my favorite is Oberon.
Oberon is pretty good, standard classy case. However there are some other choices that are just as good - I've been buying from these guys for a LONG time now and they have an awesome variety of stock: http://onlinegiftsdeals.com/index.php?cPath=3

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
I use a Tuff-Luv case for my kindle. They have amazing cases. Although they cover the kindle up quite a lot so there is no use having a pretty skin it looks damn sofhisticated when open and very sci-fy when closed.
I chose this as I could set it to stand and fasten it like that, which is amazing when you're on the train and stuff.
I also don't like the little hook fasteners and this is just a holder you slide it in and it has a small fastener on the top so when you accidentally hold it upside down it can not slide out ^^
Most amazing thing ever since my kindle ^^

·
Registered
904 Posts
I've liked how some of the Oberon and M-Edge cases look.  Some look rather snazzy.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
It's all a matter of how much money you want to spend.  If you really want quality, you gotta spend bucks on something like an Oberon, Noreve, Octovo, Cole Haan, etc.

But, for $30, that iBook mentioned earlier looks quite interesting.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the info.
Just picked up one Tuff-Luv case from Amazon for 14.97+595 shipping. A bit concern the weight of the case, but it's a neat price.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts