Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I've been writing in one form or another for well over 25 years, as a a journalist, short-story writer and freelance copywriter. Towards Yesterday is my first novel, and it's gathering some pretty decent reviews.

Here's a little blurb about the book:

What would you do if you suddenly found yourself twenty-five years in the past? For the nine-billion people of the year 2042 it's no longer a question ... it is a reality.

When a seemingly simple experiment goes disastrously wrong, James Baston finds himself stranded alongside the rest of mankind, twenty-five years in the past. A past where the old are once more young, the dead live and the world has been thrust into chaos.

Contacted by the scientist responsible for the disaster, James is recruited to help avert an even greater catastrophe. Along with a team of scientists, a reincarnated murder victim and a frustrated genius trapped in her six-year old body, James must stop the certain extinction of humanity. But if the deluded leader of the Church of Second Redemption has his way, humanity will disappear into potentiality, and he is willing to do anything to ensure that happens.

A serial killer, a murder victim, a dead priest, and James' lives are all inextricably bound together as they plummet towards an explosive final confrontation, the winner of which will decide the fate of humanity.

Thanks for reading.

PAUL

·
Super Moderator
67,453 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Paul, and congratulations on your book!

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. As such, self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

"This is a hidden gem that would be a pure shame to miss. Toward Yesterday is an apocalyptic, science fiction thriller, that kept me sneaking away to read my Kindle for the entire Memorial Day weekend. Engrossing, thought-provoking, filled with lasting, vivid imagery...the story gripped me early, and didn't let go. Based around a future scientific/military experiment gone terribly awry (apocalyptic level destruction and death toll), the story ties together several strangers, as their post "event" paths collide, with potentially even deadlier consequences for humankind.

If you like post-apocalyptic books, you will thoroughly enjoy this one. The scenes surrounding the "event" are some of the most impressive apocalyptic imagery and action I have ever read. For a first time author, this is an incredible accomplishment, and for a self-published title, it contains few, if any, editing errors. This is a must read if you are a fan of science fiction or apocalyptic stories."

~ Steven Konkoly, author of The Jakarta Pandemic ~ (re-posted from GoodReads.com)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Towards Yesterday http://goo.gl/7c0f2 is available from Amazon for free all day today (Tuesday, December 13th)

"What would you do if you suddenly found yourself twenty-five years in the past? For the nine-billion people of the year 2042 it's no longer a question ... it is a reality.

When a seemingly simple experiment goes disastrously wrong, James Baston finds himself stranded alongside the rest of mankind, twenty-five years in the past. A past where the old are once more young, the dead live and the world has been thrust into chaos.

Contacted by the scientist responsible for the disaster, James is recruited to help avert an even greater catastrophe. Along with a team of scientists, a reincarnated murder victim and a frustrated genius trapped in her six-year old body, James must stop the certain extinction of humanity. But if the deluded leader of the Church of Second Redemption has his way, humanity will disappear into potentiality, and he is willing to do anything to ensure that happens.

A serial killer, a murder victim, a dead priest, and James' lives are all inextricably bound together as they plummet towards an explosive final confrontation, the winner of which will decide the fate of humanity.
"

What reviewers have to say about Towards Yesterday:

"Towards Yesterday is the best time travel story that I can remember coming across in any medium -- book, movie, TV show, or video game."
~ 5 out of 5 stars - Sift Book Reviews ~

"I powered through this book in a day. It's a writing tour de force. If anyone reading is a writer and wants to know how to write perfect prose, buy this book. If anyone has a story in their head and wants to find a model to help them tell it, buy this book. If anyone's looking for a good Stephen King/Dean Koontz/Michael Crichton book and has read everything by these men, buy this book. I guarantee you won't be disappointed."
~ KillerKindle.com ~

new post merged with existing thread

1 - 5 of 5 Posts