Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how any of you track your book sales over time between Kindle, PubIt, Smashwords, etc... But I'm two months in and I hated dealing with the spreadsheets, and trying to combine them to see totals across all sites.

So I wrote some software called TrackerBox. It imports monthly sales data from KDP, PubIt, Smashwords, CreateSpace, and All Romance eBooks (I'll add the ability to import others if you have a spreadsheet you'd like to loan me). You can sort them by author (it supports multiple pen names), vendor, and title and you can see very quickly using the various charts how your sales have been doing over time on the various sites.

Check it out! http://www.storyboxsoftware.com/#TrackerBox

·
Registered
115 Posts
[Post content removed to protect my content and data because I do not agree to or accept VerticalScope's new Terms of Service. I hereby reject said terms and retain all copyrights to my information and content.

I disavow any association with the new ads that now exist that may be tasteless, racist, demeaning to women, sexist, or exploitative in any way.]

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's certainly possible - but I'd rather be writing books :) The Mac version would take quite a bit longer to produce, for me. I know of someone else working on the same problem using java (which should work on OSX) here: http://magicbakeshop.org/wordpress/.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just uploaded the latest version of TrackerBox today. It has some performance improvements, author aliases (for those pesky cases when your author names don't quite match between vendors) and a few other fixes.

You can see the list of updates (and download it) here: http://www.storyboxsoftware.com/tdownload.htm

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not at this time. I explained why in this thread http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,143035.0.html, but basically, it comes down to not having enough experience programming for the Apple UI. It would take me quite a while to learn while still getting my writing done, which is my first priority (except for when someone reports a bug or a report change).

Trust me, I would love to do it. I just don't have the time.

There are some options, though, for running it on a Mac. You can use Parallels (not free) or VirtualBox(free) to run windows inside OSX.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Because I must always stan for Mark, though he hasn't the foggiest idea who I am: I LOVE trackerbox. It's my favorite program on The Citadel.

(Too obscure for a writing forum?)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
smreine said:
Because I must always stan for Mark, though he hasn't the foggiest idea who I am: I LOVE trackerbox. It's my favorite program on The Citadel.

Plus 1

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
smreine said:

That's a massive endorsement.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
smreine said:

I'll take it, even though I'm completely clueless as to the reference.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
675 Posts
I haven't been able to get it to run under XP. I installed the .net bit, which led to me needing to install some windows visual components or something.

The executable runs, but doesn't present an interface.

Otherwise, it looks very useful. Any tips for getting it to work short of upgrading my OS?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you install Service Pack three for XP? That's required, too. I know it runs on XP, and that it hasn't ever required a lot of screwing around to make it work. If you're still having trouble email me support AT storyboxsoftware DOT com, and I'll help you figure it out.

·
Registered
I'm working on my will to live.
675 Posts
Mark Fassett said:
Did you install Service Pack three for XP? That's required, too. I know it runs on XP, and that it hasn't ever required a lot of screwing around to make it work. If you're still having trouble email me support AT storyboxsoftware DOT com, and I'll help you figure it out.
Downloading it now. Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So, three days later, I've uploaded a new build. It has a fix for a bug that a couple people found when importing books that have had their titles changed. I also added support for Overdrive and Amazon Vendor Central (don't ask me what it is - I'm not certain I can answer the question correctly).

I'll be working on Draft2Digital support this week. I've already started, but I had to get the fix out.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I released version 1.0.31 of TrackerBox this morning.

I added Draft2Digital support and changed CreateSpace reporting so that the various channels are broken out as separate vendors to give you a better idea of where those books are selling. It also fixes an issue with improper currency reporting for CreateSpace titles sold in Europe and the UK.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts