Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,447 Posts
RW Bennett said:
BTW, how does one go about inserting the little icon 'new' with the little box around it when starting a new thread?
It goes on there automatically when there are new posts to a thread. You probably didn't see it for your post because it was yours.

RW Bennett said:
Author George R.R. Martin sold 298,000 copies of his new novel on his FIRST DAY. Ebook sales were 110K. Of course, of the 170K hardcovers, I imagine a substantial number may be returned, unless his sell-through is much higher than the industry average.
Well, he also has four previous books and kept people waiting for the book for five years. I actually haven't seen any "media buzz" about the book that would be driven by the publisher, so I wonder how much of the credit for those sales really goes to them. I also wonder how many more eBook sales he would have had if it had been priced more reasonably.

· Registered
1,447 Posts
rexjameson said:
Trad publishing has many advantages but this post doesn't appear to really be reflecting that.
Right, not having to pay for your own editing/cover/promotion is a big advantage that traditional publishing will always have over independent.

The TV show definitely exposed his books to many people who otherwise would never have touched them, so I think that was either some fantastic coincidence or maybe some clever planning. I guess we'll never know which. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.